I have searched the internet and I cannot find the answer to my problem...so I am hoping someone here will be able to help me. I do not have a data plan...and I have a BB 8820 with AT&T service. I have been trying to connect to wifi, but I keep getting this error:
    "The radio on the device is currently turned off or the battery is too low for radio to be used. As a result, the Brower cannot retrieve any web pages. Please turn the radio on or recharge the battery."
    My battery is fully charged. I have disabled the VPN and set my default browser to wifi. I have saved the profile for my home wifi. It shows a signal strength of -48 dBm.
    Also, I just got my BB. I had a Nokia e62 with no data plan in the past and I was able to retrieve MMS. AT&T told me that I can no longer receive MMS without a data plan. Does anyone know a workaround? AT&T told me that I can't download a Service Book without a data plan. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    03-20-08 10:17 PM
    Go to manage connections and verify that wifi is turned on.
    03-20-08 10:21 PM
    it is...and it shows my home network next to WiFi
    03-20-08 10:29 PM
    Ok now go to manage connections > Services status.

What does it say for BlackBerry Internet Service Connection and for Wi-Fi Network?
    03-20-08 10:32 PM
    BIS Connection: not connected
    WiFi Network Active Profile: my home network
    SSID: my home network
    Type: 802.11b/g
    03-20-08 10:34 PM
    I think your data services are off. You must enable the data services for wifi to work. It does not mean though that you will be using ATT netwrok while connected to wifi. but just turn it on.
    03-20-08 10:41 PM
    Yeah, check that data services are enabled. BIS should say that it is connected to wifi. Go to Options > Mobile Network, and make sure that Data Services is set to on.
    03-21-08 10:57 AM
    My AT&T service is on...and wifi service is on. Are you talking about settings somewhere else?
    03-21-08 11:02 AM
    Under Options > Mobile Network > Data Services...is on
    03-21-08 11:03 AM
    By all accounts then, it should say Wifi under BIS Connection in services status. If it doesn't try another battery pull. Or AT&T does something really weird to their phones, to which I don't know enough about since I am on TMO.
    03-21-08 11:09 AM
    ok...this is strange...but ...wifi was grayed out...but I turned off Mobile Network...and only had WiFi on...and it gave me the radio error message...but I clicked on Menu > Go to > google.com and it went. So, the wifi works, but it still gives me the error message. Weird. Thanks for the help.
    03-21-08 03:20 PM
    I had the same problem. I decided to send an Email and it asked if I wanted to turn the radio back on, an option not in the other errors. I still can't figure out what caused the off condition in the first place.
    04-02-09 02:36 PM
    hi i try using my bb but it wont let me call out even an sos call it says error mm#5 and i done a diagnostic test and it says radio data activation no has this anything to do with it
    salunkekunal likes this.
    09-28-09 03:24 PM
    i have blackberry 9780 and when i on the WiFi its comes in grey scale
    when i go in manage and turn on it .....
    its showing me message WiFi radio off
    i have checked in service status it showing me
    active profile: not connected
    SSID: not connected
    Type: not connected
    help me out my wifi is working properly i am using my system on that only....
    11-19-12 07:02 AM
    i have blackberry 9780 and when i on the WiFi its comes in grey scale
    when i go in manage and turn on it .....
    its showing me message WiFi radio off
    i have checked in service status it showing me
    active profile: not connected
    SSID: not connected
    Type: not connected
    help me out my wifi is working properly i am using my system on that only....
    11-19-12 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD