Hey guys

I just got my 9700, anyone knows how to use WIFI to send and receive Email.

I dont want to use Data plan ..so is there any apps or what methods to do Email function without data plan

Thanks
    02-25-11 10:48 PM
    No.

You need a data plan to get push email.
    02-26-11 07:03 AM
    You can open a Gmail account using the Wifi Browser. It integrates well with the mobile version of iGoogle.

Unfortunatly, you will not be able to use any of the native mail or messaging apps. You will not be able to access BlackBerry App World and, if you do install third party applications, virtually none of them will work either.
    02-26-11 10:20 AM
    just to add.. your smartphone will essentially be a dummy phone... call and text only... wifi capable... so only then will you be able to use the native browser to go to gmail.com and check your mail...
    02-26-11 10:47 AM
    You may be able to download a third party browser and get Internet through that. I haven't tried it before though but in theory it sounds nice. And you can download the Gmail app from Google which is better than nothing.
    02-26-11 01:35 PM
    You may be able to download a third party browser and get Internet through that. I haven't tried it before though but in theory it sounds nice. And you can download the Gmail app from Google which is better than nothing.
    Sorry, that won't work. The Google Gmail app requires BIS.

The mobile iGoogle site and network Gmail will work in an Wifi hotspot.
    02-26-11 09:41 PM
    You can use tiggit mail or logicmail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 02:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD