does leaving the wifi connection on all the time run the battery down pretty fast?
    I have a regular internet service pack, but was told my an att rep that if I leave the wifi on that anytime I am close to wifi that will pick up and not use my internet package with them.
    but...since I have been doin this, my battery is drained by the end of the day cuz I work all day around wifi so therefore it is pretty active. I have to charge the battery every day
    08-16-10 06:14 PM
    Charging the battery on the 9000 every day is pretty much required, whether you use Wi-Fi or not.

I would suggest that if you are connected to Wi-Fi, leave it on. However, change your mobile network from 3G & 2G to 2G only. You'll still be able to talk and use data simultaneously while connected to Wi-Fi (data will go over Wi-Fi), and EDGE (2G) uses less battery than 3G.

You will get more battery life if you disable Wi-Fi when you are not using it.
    08-16-10 06:38 PM
    thanks.....I turned it off and plan to use it as I need it
    08-17-10 03:56 PM
    When i know i wont have a charging station with in a day, i swap to 2g and turn off the data. If i know that it just might be a while before a recharge, i just kill wifi and bluetooth....
    08-17-10 04:53 PM
    It seems to me that it's not the wifi that kills it so much as roaming in and out of wifi coverage all of the time. I turn it off at work because at one end of the building I have it and one end I don't. It absolutely wrecks the battery.
    08-19-10 07:52 PM
    Hello,
    Its seems to me everyone is really upset with the battery performance of the blackberry BOLD, here is one application by which you can save your battery and your phone will run more longer.

You can just simple log on to GetEmpower.com and download The Battery Saver app. Here are some of its features -
    1.Neat and intuitive user-interface!
    2.View *actual* Battery level graph for past 24 hours.
    3.Monitor apps running in background.
    4.Monitor & Optimize WiFi and Radio to save battery.
    5.Monitor GPS usage to save battery.
    6.Schedule Auto turn Off/On of device.
    7.Supported by all devices running on OS 4.3 and above.

I hope this app will help to solve your problem.

Regards
    Sumit
    08-20-10 05:50 AM
    I leave it on my Bold 9650 all the time and still manage to get decent battery life, since I'm usually within range of wi-fi at home, work, and school.
    08-25-10 03:08 PM
    I'm in a WiFi area all day long and leave it on.

My battery life is a bit better with the wifi off but I just don't bother since I can charge it just about anytime.

However, I do turn it off when I leave to run long errands or go out of town.

Good Luck
    08-25-10 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD