Light up wifi logo usually means the BIS is working over wifi but calls still over the carrier. UMA is calls(and of course data) over wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-11 10:50 AM
    cheers for the quick repsonse, it seems as though only when UMA is on that the browser works???
    01-18-11 10:55 AM
    Do you have wifi prefered option in 'connection preference' within 'mobile networks options' in connection manager?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 02:07 AM
    I too have the same fault with an Netgear DG834Gv4 router. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. When the connection fails and you get the server connection error, the advanced Wi-Fi Diagnostics show a connection, but the BlackBerry Infrastructure shows that's it is not connected. I also tried it on my parent's D-Link router and get the same fault. My brothers 9700 works on both of them!! I have tried a 3g Zoom Wi-Fi router with a T-Mobile USB and it works fine, all connected completly with no drop-out. So it must be a compatibility issue with the ADSL routers. I have tried changing channels, security settings and still drops the connection. UMA has only worked for about 5mins in total in 2 weeks!! Any help gratefully recieved. Both ADSL routers work fine with 4 pc's running a combination of Windows XP, 7 and Linux. Even my daughters DSi works on the connection. Running out of patience with this.
    01-25-11 09:43 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD