Being a bb user for quite a few years I am always pretty good about installing the latest OS or leak to my phone which is now the 9700.

Well, the last few installs I've noticed the WiFi is horrible. It will connect, disconnect, most of the time will never connect at all and should a call come in on UMA the other person is going in and out so I have no idea what they are saying at all. These are in areas where I previously had perfect connections no problem (my house, parents house, and local pool hall).

Nothing has been changed router-wise at these locations so I have to believe it has been the later installs affecting it.

So, my question is what OS have all of you had good success with wifi, uma calling, and bt all at the same time. For whatever reason I thought this was .584 in my head and downgraded last night to it - NOPE - same problem. I know its not .330 so I guess my next shot is at .545???
    04-24-10 10:33 AM
    Wrong direction. .593 is the best to date. That should resolve any and all issues.
    04-24-10 10:35 AM
    Had it installed the day it was leaked since yesterday - no go for me - same isues I listed above...
    04-24-10 11:03 AM
    Maybe its the actual bb not the OS?
    04-24-10 11:20 AM
    Had it installed the day it was leaked since yesterday - no go for me - same isues I listed above...
    Ever consider the router as the cause of the wifi/uma issues?
    As the previous poster said, could be actual bb issue.
    04-24-10 11:24 AM
    Ever consider the router as the cause of the wifi/uma issues?
    As the previous poster said, could be actual bb issue.
    As I said in the first post nothing has been changed to any of the routers where I use wifi/uma...

Trying .545 now to see if it makes a difference... if not then I'll go back to .593... my only other guess is there is just too much wireless traffic (other routers on same or similar channels close by), but that sems odd for it to happen to all three places at the same time.
    04-24-10 12:05 PM
    The old .545 made no difference so I am back onto .593. I don't know what is going on. Wifi cutting in and out and it refuses to lock onto UMA for calls - instead its between EDGE and 3G...

All of this was never a problem before and now all of a sudden it is - for every router I was connected to... anyone have a clue or have the same issues?
    04-24-10 08:02 PM
    Did you set the router up properly to forward for UMA and did you reserve the IP for your BB? I don't have UMA because I am on ATT but I use wifi all over the place and to date have only had one issue because of a repeater.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 01:38 AM
    Did you set the router up properly to forward for UMA and did you reserve the IP for your BB? I don't have UMA because I am on ATT but I use wifi all over the place and to date have only had one issue because of a repeater.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Static IP setup and PTPP allowed to pass through the firewall. My house as well as parents is ATT UVerse. Like I said I never had a problem before and now all of a sudden there is.
    04-25-10 10:31 AM
    with .593, connection to wifi takes about 12-15sec... so much better than with .330 it's not even close... UMA working perfectly too

.593 hands down is my recommendation!
    04-25-10 12:33 PM
    with .593, connection to wifi takes about 12-15sec... so much better than with .330 it's not even close... UMA working perfectly too

.593 hands down is my recommendation!
    Not here.... .593 going in and out and literally UMA never happens for more than a few seconds at a time... this happening at three different spots which worked fine before...
    04-25-10 01:12 PM
    odd... does it only do it at one particular hotspot? or any of them?

maybe wipe and reinstall from scratch?

i installed .593 right after getting this new 9700 (.330 stock, unboxed it and installed .593 right away before anything else)

i had other 9700s in the past with .442... and they took forever to connect to wifi, and UMA wasn't nearly as stable... but with this latest one running .593... UMA is flawless... handoffs no problems...

are you in an area with multiple base stations? there's an option in the wifi settings to enable allowing handoffs between hotspots... wording not quite right on my part, but something along those lines...
    04-25-10 01:18 PM
    odd... does it only do it at one particular hotspot? or any of them?

maybe wipe and reinstall from scratch?

i installed .593 right after getting this new 9700 (.330 stock, unboxed it and installed .593 right away before anything else)

i had other 9700s in the past with .442... and they took forever to connect to wifi, and UMA wasn't nearly as stable... but with this latest one running .593... UMA is flawless... handoffs no problems...

are you in an area with multiple base stations? there's an option in the wifi settings to enable allowing handoffs between hotspots... wording not quite right on my part, but something along those lines...
    I always do a complete wipe with jl when loading a new os on the phone and did this as well when loading .593 back onto the phone. It is happening for all locations I use wifi where previously they worked fine. I also have the 'handoff option' checked for these wifi profiles, but that is simple to handoff onto a stronger signal such as edge or 3g say if you leave the house (leave the wifi signal).

I am trying to do research to see if my router (ATT UVerse) has changed, but all settings are still the same. I allow PPTP to pass through the firewall for the BB and recently added UDP ports 500 and 4500 as well to pass through as I found some info on that as well. Nothing seems to solve the issue.
    04-25-10 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD