Hi. I have a very strange problem with my bold 9700. From two or three days my wifi in unable to find any open network, while finds all other protected networks and it connects normally. I tried to reset network preferences and i did many reboots.
    Ah, i did an upgrade from os 6.0.0.424 to os 6.0.0.448 but the problem is not solved.
    I didn't find any answer on web, do you have any idea?
    01-25-11 01:40 PM
    then more then likely there is no open networks in the area
    01-25-11 02:06 PM
    then more then likely there is no open networks in the area
    It seems like i'm a stupid... it is obvious that there was at least one open network when i tried to find networks
    01-25-11 02:25 PM
    If its not your open network they may have protected it after they realised someone wass leeching off it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 03:53 PM
    Let me explain in a better way the situation. i have my notebook and my bold, side by side.My notebook find a free wifi connection and connect to it normally. Instead bold doesn't find it, and is not able to connect to it, even if i set the connection manualy.
    This is my situation. Simply the blackberry is not able to connect to any open network , although these exist and are accessable!
    01-25-11 04:45 PM
    Your netbook will always locate more wifi connections than your Berry. The netbook screen contains the antenna which is way bigger than the antenna in your Berry!
    01-25-11 06:39 PM
    also it could be running wireless n, the bold does not support n only b,g if im not mistaken
    01-25-11 07:50 PM
    have you tried connecting to another network in a different area to see if it will even work? Have you tried Re-Registering your device under the Host Routing Table via a search in Options for Host Routing Table? Tried resending servicebooks? What errors are you given?

01-25-11 08:54 PM
    I tried to connect to many network found by other blackberry (and other smartphones), but the result is always the same. I also tried Re-Registering my bold but the problem is still the same. The strange thing is that there isn't any error. Simply it didn't find any network when it should do it!
    Please don't answer in a stupid way anymore 'cause i really tried everything before posting here!
    01-26-11 03:59 AM
    I tried to connect to many network found by other blackberry (and other smartphones), but the result is always the same. I also tried Re-Registering my bold but the problem is still the same. The strange thing is that there isn't any error. Simply it didn't find any network when it should do it!
    Please don't answer in a stupid way anymore 'cause i really tried everything before posting here!
    I will rule this out as hardware possibly. Have you tried reloading the OS?

01-26-11 04:29 AM
    I will rule this out as hardware possibly. Have you tried reloading the OS?

I'll try to do a clean reload of the os.
    01-26-11 04:42 AM
    No way. I have tried to make a fresh reinstall of the os 6 and nothing changed. I have also tried to reloading os 5.0 but still nothing. I'm starting to think it could be an hardware problem
    01-26-11 12:55 PM
    have you ever seen it on your bold? or have you just seen it on your laptop?
    01-26-11 07:08 PM
    No way. I have tried to make a fresh reinstall of the os 6 and nothing changed. I have also tried to reloading os 5.0 but still nothing. I'm starting to think it could be an hardware problem
    Maybe it's time to bring it into your carrier's store. Side note: I'm sure you used BBSAK to reload the OS and not desktop manager.

01-26-11 07:46 PM
    Maybe it's time to bring it into your carrier's store. Side note: I'm sure you used BBSAK to reload the OS and not desktop manager.

Obviously . I noticed a new thing, though. I compared my bold with other phones, like nokia and other blackberry, and it seems that it is not able to find all the networks that are available in that moment, either protected or open. My question is, at this point: maybe my wifi chip is damaged?
    01-27-11 04:32 AM
    Obviously . I noticed a new thing, though. I compared my bold with other phones, like nokia and other blackberry, and it seems that it is not able to find all the networks that are available in that moment, either protected or open. My question is, at this point: maybe my wifi chip is damaged?
    Likely it has failed prematurely. Only way to solve it is a warranty exchange.

01-27-11 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD