Why does my passport and wife's Z30 disable my WiFi from our home network every so often resulting in a reboot to connect again this does not happen at same time it's random and sometimes overnight when sleeping.

Posted from my Z30
    04-13-15 04:32 AM
    What OS are you both running? I have a Z30 and have used almost every leaked OS and I don't have wifi being disabled....
    04-13-15 05:32 AM
    Our Z10 and Z30 do the exact same thing. When we notice one of us is using data on the carriers, and no longer on home wifi, we check "settings"and the wifi toggle has been mysteriously set at "off" (not a simple disconnect). There may be a disabled notification in HUB. We are on different carriers and it happens to us at different times about once every two weeks. Could it be that Netflix, connected to all media devices in our house, including the (unused) app being on our phones , sucks so much bandwidth when we watch TV, that it will disable wifi on a phone ( but I checked and it does not have that permission but I think I will delete it) Just a quirk in phones we love.

TCB on Z10
    04-13-15 05:54 AM
    What OS are you both running? I have a Z30 and have used almost every leaked OS and I don't have wifi being disabled....
    We have the latest update from Rogers funny it disables only the WiFi connection I'm connected to.

Posted from my Z30
    04-13-15 08:03 AM
    My playbook used to crash our router all time. In fact I am pretty sure it bricked a D-Link that was a few months old and a new Netgear (that I was able to return as defective). It seems to work fine with our ooold D-Link, which is only a b/g router that works great.

I haven't had any router crashing problems with the Z10 or Q10, also with Rogers firmware. However, both devices will lose internet connection for no reason sometimes, even though other wifi devices are working fine. Disconnect/reconnect fixes that, unless the internet is actually down of course.
    04-13-15 09:31 AM
    Same with my z30 z10 and q5. I can only use the 2.4 GHZ frequency band if I use the 5 ghz band it's always disconnects and doesn't reconnect

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 09:46 AM
    My z10 has disabled wifi connections every few weeks since it first came out. On every OS and different routers . I see it's not on wifi, I open wifi and what ever it should be connected to is disabled. My girlfriends Z10 has done it a few times too.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 10:18 AM
    I should add that periodically I have always had the "limited wifi connection" messages on the Z10 and Q10. In fact, I am having that issue today!

No idea why it happens, because all the other devices can use the internet and wifi just fine.
    04-13-15 10:33 AM
    Has there been any other posts on WiFi being disabled on home connection it's not disabling WiFi just disabling the connection to where I'm connected. Doling this and me not noticing the disconnection is causing me some huge data usage on my phone.

Posted from my Z30
    04-13-15 10:35 AM
    Has there been any other posts on WiFi being disabled on home connection it's not disabling WiFi just disabling the connection to where I'm connected. Doling this and me not noticing the disconnection is causing me some huge data usage on my phone.

Posted from my Z30
    It might be a bit of an inconvenience, but I often keep the "Mobile Network" active frame open, and toggle "Data Services" to off, just to be safe...

Also, check your DNS settings on the phone and the router. Set the Primary DNS to a public DNS service like Comodo Secure DNS (8.20.247.20), or even Google (8.8.8.8)... the "limited connectivity" is often just a DNS issue, or your ADSL /Cable might even be down. ISP DNS servers are often quite unreliable.

The open Active Frame serves as a reminder to reactivate once I leave the house... :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    04-13-15 04:08 PM
    That's good advice, Prem. I have used the Comodo DNS for long while now (set in the router), but I still occasionally get the limited connection messages. I think it has to do with a network service of BlackBerry that can't be reached, perhaps the NTP service.
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    04-13-15 04:13 PM