Hello fellow Crackberry users - looking for more information regarding the WiFi feature on my Storm 2.

I understand that the purpose of a WiFi enabled cell phone is mostly to maintain a signal within the provider's network when you are far from a signal tower, but when I first looked into getting a Storm2, I was under the impression I would somehow be able to access the memory card through "My Network Places" on my computer as a network drive or device, thus eliminating the need for the USB cable when I want to move music and video to my Storm.

Is there a way to setup my Storm to show up in My Network Places?
    01-29-10 07:03 PM
    Hello fellow Crackberry users - looking for more information regarding the WiFi feature on my Storm 2.

I understand that the purpose of a WiFi enabled cell phone is mostly to maintain a signal within the provider's network when you are far from a signal tower, but when I first looked into getting a Storm2, I was under the impression I would somehow be able to access the memory card through "My Network Places" on my computer as a network drive or device, thus eliminating the need for the USB cable when I want to move music and video to my Storm.

Is there a way to setup my Storm to show up in My Network Places?
    Wi-Fi isn't used to transfer files wirelessly. Bluetooth is.

BlackBerry How To: Transfer Files Between Devices Using Bluetooth - CIO.com - Business Technology Leadership
    01-29-10 07:11 PM
    Common sense would say the purpose of even having WiFi on a Smartphone is mainly for computer connectivity to sync audio/video/word documents/etc. Any chance of this being a future possibility?
    01-29-10 07:15 PM
    I'm sorry to sound rude, but that doesn't sound like common sense to me. I don't see this feature being added at all in the future when you already can do this with Bluetooth.
    01-29-10 07:19 PM
    This should be in the Storm 2 section.
    01-29-10 07:31 PM
    I'm sorry to sound rude, but that doesn't sound like common sense to me. I don't see this feature being added at all in the future when you already can do this with Bluetooth.
    WiFi is more of a staple than Bluetooth, which is relatively new in comparison. I guess we have different views of common sense here.
    01-29-10 07:32 PM
    WiFi is more of a staple than Bluetooth, which is relatively new in comparison.
    While this is true, the technology has been there. But, Wifi as we all know and use today is actually newer than Bluetooth. Refer to these two links for more.

Bluetooth History

The History of WiFi
    01-29-10 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD