My 8900 stopped connecting to WiFi networks properly after update to OS5 and unlock (using �0.99 key from ebay).

I am able to connect to the network and it shows network's name on the homescreen. However, a white minus sign instead of green tick appears on the connections menu and browser (set to HotSpot) does not work as well.

It does not seem to be a problem of router- I have tried quite a few WiFi networks, all of which were without security or required browser-based login.

Any ideas?
    10-16-10 12:43 PM
    did you get this issue fixed I have the same problem
    10-16-10 03:36 PM
    Backup, wipe, try again. The 8900 has never played nice with WiFi.

I was genuinely SHOCKED when mine stayed connected to wifi with mobile network disabled... for TWELVE HOURS.
    10-18-10 12:57 AM
    I have never had issues with connecting to Wifi on the 8900 I currently have, or previous models in the past running different OS versions....

My 8900 showed a white minus sign on the connections menu before I got the BIS setup with my network provider, however I could still access the web from the browser using my home wireless network I was connected to.

If you are connecting to a wifi network, and your having problems accessing the web, make sure that in general settings on the browser you have connection set as HOTSPOT BROWSER, this will enable you to view the web when connected to your wifi.
    10-22-10 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD