I apologize if this has been covered but I have searched and cannot find any posts specific to my problem.

I am using a 8900 with 4.6.1.231 on ATT.

We run a hotspot using software from publicip.com. This software allows people to come in and connect without interaction with staff members. Our network is open. In order to connect users must open their web browser and try to load a page. They are automatically redirected to our terms and conditions page which they must click an agree button on. After this the they are allowed to browse the internet.

My issue is that I can connect to our network at all. I can connect to the wireless router and get an IP address but I can't get the splash page/redirected terms page to come up. I have tweaked all browser settings (hotspot browser, java on/off, etc.) with no luck. I have also used Opera with no luck. I have even turned off the carrier network so it had no choice but to use wifi and nothing works. Has anyone encountered a situation like this and been able to successfully connect?
    11-11-09 11:00 AM
    Redirect pages are usually JavaScript... did you enable JavaScript???
    11-11-09 11:22 AM
    Yes. I have tried it both ways and no luck. It always says "Unable to find the requested server."
    Last edited by knightc2; 11-11-09 at 12:51 PM.
    11-11-09 12:49 PM
    Update: I still have not found a workaround for this. I believe I know what is causing the issue but do not know how to fix it.

Our wifi will issue an IP but will only offer limited connectivity (local only) until users open their browser and request a web page. This request redirects users to our login page where they must agree to our terms before the gateway is opened up. What I believe is happening is the phone is requesting information from Blackberry servers (possibly cp.na.blackberry.com, 204.187.87.88, etc.) and can't connect because the gateway is not open until the user clicks the agree button.

I have added the cp.na.blackberry.com address to our setup so that access to this server is allowed before clicking the agree button but I still will not connect (wifi grayed out). Could there be other servers that I need to allow access to? Or am I barking up the wrong tree here? Any ideas are appreciated.

P.S. In the Connection manager - WiFi options - Menu - got to Wi-Fi tools - WiFi diagnostics Blackberry Infrastructure shows not connected along with "Connecting: Error"
    Last edited by knightc2; 12-08-09 at 11:56 AM.
    12-08-09 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD