Hi, i have a blackberry bold 9650 unlocked and i am having trouble getting connected to wifi. i am using an airlink 101 router with time warner internet. help pls!
    Last edited by odegreewater; 08-07-10 at 08:08 PM.
    08-07-10 08:02 PM
    Go to Manage Connections> Set Up Wi-Fi Network and follow the prompts.
    08-07-10 09:10 PM
    Without more specific information about the problems you're having, it will be impossible to help you troubleshoot it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 09:18 PM
    I've set up my wireless network with the phone but when i try to surf in the browser, it says that it is unable to connect. On the phone though it says that I'm connected at about 54 mbps. I just cant seem to access anything on the browser
    08-07-10 10:51 PM
    In my case... I forgot for a minute to add my BB to the allowed list in my MAC filter on the router If you have security enabled on your wifi router (you should) it has to match the device settings. For me once I added my BB to the filter list I was prompted for my router's pw and no problem! The MAC filtering is entirely optional - for me with so many users in my area, I wanted more than just WPA to encrypt, I wanted to block foreign users entirely.

As aerophage said, if you can provide more info, we might be able to assist.
    08-07-10 10:55 PM
    Wifi Options > wifi diagnostics will tell you errors that occurred

08-07-10 11:01 PM
    hm... the status says that my IP address is no longer valid
    08-07-10 11:11 PM
    Unplug the modem and router for 1 min then plug them back in

08-07-10 11:17 PM
    Unplug the modem and router for 1 min then plug them back in
    This worked for me once when my phone was connecting automatically for weeks @ home and office without issue, then suddenly stopped connecting @ home for no reason, no changes made to any settings on phone or router, etc. Unplugged modem + router for a couple of minutes, plugged back in and everything connected automatically again like before.

08-08-10 09:06 AM
    turn off your WIFI on the 9650, let the connection reset (1 min or so) then turn wifi back on, let it grab an IP and then try again.
    08-08-10 10:36 AM
    i tried both resetting both my router and modem as well as turn off the WIFI on my blackberry, but it didnt work. Ive also tried to hard reset my 9650 with no luck.
    08-09-10 07:34 PM
    Thanks everyone for your help! I figured it out. It was something so simple I have to palm my forehead... I didn't have the data service option on... dang
    08-11-10 06:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD