I have Wifi turned on, as well as a strong access to a wireless connection. It says I'm connected but it doesn't check it off in the connections, nor does the uma bar come up.

help?
    06-09-10 11:45 AM
    Could be the Wireless Router or Modem... unplug both for at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in and wait for them both to boot up... after that you might want to do a battery pull on your device (Leave your device ON, pull the battery out for 20 seconds, then put the battery back in and wait for your device to boot up)... then check out the Wifi Guide and UMA Guide in my signature... UMA Guide only if you know your provider has UMA AND your device is one from your provider (Unlocked or one from a different provider will not work on your provider's UMA).
    06-09-10 11:57 AM
    Maybe we should have a Wifi FAQ/ common problems thread stickied in the 9700 thread. There are just so many similar questions asked, I think it would help a lot of people.
    06-09-10 12:42 PM
    Maybe we should have a Wifi FAQ/ common problems thread stickied in the 9700 thread. There are just so many similar questions asked, I think it would help a lot of people.
    That's what the Wifi Guide in the How To Forum is for... and that's why it's linked to in my signature below.
    06-09-10 01:19 PM
    It just seems most people go to the forum for their model instead of scrolling down to the general Wifi help. Maybe a sticky could direct them to that forum instead?
    06-09-10 06:32 PM
    Good luck talking sense into fatboy...he is the king of kings round here...is funny how defensive he gets on everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 06:44 PM
    Good luck talking sense into fatboy...he is the king of kings round here...is funny how defensive he gets on everything.

And what exactly did I do to you Mr/Ms High-on-the-Horse... by the way, thanks for your great input and help with this thread
    06-09-10 08:10 PM
    What would I need to say that hasn't been said? I mean you know all, so no need for my input.

Just funny how defensive you get at times...a lot of times actually.

06-09-10 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD