Hi all, I bought a new router yesterday as the old one was playing up and now I cannot get my 8900 to connect to it. It can find it most of the time but it want me to enter a pin into the router (generated by the bb), how am I supposed to do that? I usually just enter the wep key but the bb wont accept it. So far my mac, itouch and ps3 can all connect but the bb wont. Any ideas? I may try going back to wep security as i read on the wifi page that some os struggle with wpa security as opposed to wep.

Has anyone successfully connected their 8900 to a router with wpa-2 security?

Thanks
    03-23-09 08:03 AM
    Check out the WiFi Guide link in my signature.
    03-23-09 10:35 AM
    I had a similar problem. Could not connect to wifi. I turned it off and then it wont turn back on. Instead of reloading the software, I got a new one sent from customer service.
    03-23-09 03:00 PM
    thanks for the replies but its sorted now, took the router back and bought an apple airport express, works like a dream

thanks
    03-23-09 05:52 PM
    Hi all, I bought a new router yesterday as the old one was playing up and now I cannot get my 8900 to connect to it. It can find it most of the time but it want me to enter a pin into the router (generated by the bb), how am I supposed to do that? I usually just enter the wep key but the bb wont accept it. So far my mac, itouch and ps3 can all connect but the bb wont. Any ideas? I may try going back to wep security as i read on the wifi page that some os struggle with wpa security as opposed to wep.

Has anyone successfully connected their 8900 to a router with wpa-2 security?

Thanks
    Yes, mine is....WPA2-Personal. Nevermind, I see you've solved your problem....
    Last edited by drew4flt72; 03-23-09 at 06:12 PM.
    03-23-09 06:09 PM
    Hi Guys,
    I'm new to the forum. I just got my bb 8900 the other day as a birthday present and this worked for after 4-5 days of trying. BTW I have a linksys wireless g router WRT54G2 running WPA2 secured network . You can follow these steps
    1 go to manage connecttions
    2 go to set up wi fi network
    3 click next at the bottom of the screen
    4 go to manually add network
    5 enter network ssid name then click add
    6 at the next window click security type and enter the security pin you used to set your WPA2 network under the "Pre-shared Key (PSk)" option and save these settings.
    My BB8900 connects to router everytime with the wi-fi even if i go back in and turn the wireless on and off in themanage connections option.
    I hope this helps someone!!!!!!!!!!
    04-12-09 03:43 PM
    Hi Guys,
    I'm new to the forum. I just got my bb 8900 the other day as a birthday present and this worked for after 4-5 days of trying. BTW I have a linksys wireless g router WRT54G2 running WPA2 secured network . You can follow these steps
    1 go to manage connecttions
    2 go to set up wi fi network
    3 click next at the bottom of the screen
    4 go to manually add network
    5 enter network ssid name then click add
    6 at the next window click security type and enter the security pin you used to set your WPA2 network under the "Pre-shared Key (PSk)" option and save these settings.
    My BB8900 connects to router everytime with the wi-fi even if i go back in and turn the wireless on and off in themanage connections option.
    I hope this helps someone!!!!!!!!!!
    Okay - i have the same thing as you do.. while i struggled with the WPA2; i went ahead with the WEPkey. it worked with all other wireless devices except for my 8900. How can i make it work with the WEP key? I tried putting in the WEP key and it wouldn't accept.
    04-30-09 10:09 PM
    Is the router programmed for type "N" only? If so I don't think the blackberry can connect via wifi, it's still on the B n' G (kinda gettin' outdated, but still most people use them as generic protection).
    I have a G wireless router. I feel like I'm missing something here.
    05-01-09 08:54 AM
    Has anyone figured this out yet? Same problem with same bb 8900 and same linksys router. Frustrating!!!!
    11-14-09 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD