Greetings, I have a Curve 8530 and I was wondering does any one have problems with theirs staying connected with their home WIFI network. Mines shows that it is connected but the WIFI icon will be highlighted for a few mins and it shadows out and it's at that time that the connection does not work despite showing it is connected to my network which is indicated by my network name at the very top of the screen. Any infomation out there?
    12-12-09 02:16 AM
    no problems here. I did have to reset my home network though cause I was having problems with my laptop connecting to the wi fi.

My 8530 has been solid ever since. I did have some issues with the 3G connection flickering in and out.
    12-12-09 02:54 PM
    Mine seems to stay connected--it's there (solid white) when I pick up my BB and use it.
    12-13-09 10:49 AM
    Mine works well, it might be your router on your home wifi, do you have another device you could test it with?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 11:05 AM
    my 8520 hooks up with no issues to my router when im home
    12-13-09 05:44 PM
    no problems here. I did have to reset my home network though cause I was having problems with my laptop connecting to the wi fi.

My 8530 has been solid ever since. I did have some issues with the 3G connection flickering in and out.

Had a similar problem on the 8520 which would last through battery pulls, ctrl-shift-dels, even to the extent of an OS upgrade (from stock to .348)!

Anyways solution for me turned out to be simply restarting my wifi router - an old Belkin.

DO try restarting your router and let us know what happens.
    12-13-09 07:47 PM
    the WIFI icon will be highlighted for a few mins and it shadows out and it's at that time that the connection does not work despite showing it is connected to my network which is indicated by my network name at the very top of the screen. Any infomation out there?
    Yes, mine does this often. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when it shadows, I believe that means that it sees your network, but it's not connected to it. Simply goes back to 3G. Why? Not sure...
    Anyways solution for me turned out to be simply restarting my wifi router - an old Belkin.

DO try restarting your router and let us know what happens.
    Same for me...Always works..
    12-14-09 11:04 PM
    no issues with mine, it stays connected as long as I need it to.
    12-16-09 12:12 AM
    I had the exact same problem with my NetGear router. Ended up taking back my NetGear router back to Best Buy and exchanged it for an Att 2wire router. Set the new router up and connected with my 8530 no problems and stays connected.

Must have been the router, but I'm not smart enough to figure out why??
    12-16-09 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD