I am able to connect to WIFI and use the internet at other WIFI Hotspots, but on the NY State Thruway Travel Plazas, I can connect to the WIFI but then get the message: "Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later." Any suggestions?
    07-04-10 11:21 AM
    The site you're probably visiting is blocked by them.

And sometimes, they limit the traffic of people that are using their network.
    07-04-10 11:26 AM
    The site you're probably visiting is blocked by them.

And sometimes, they limit the traffic of people that are using their network.
    But I'm trying to get to gmail. they wouldn't block that!
    07-04-10 02:41 PM
    BIS may be blocked entirely. Other NY BB users may be able to comment. I've found my 3G to work better than many WiFi areas anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 02:49 PM
    BIS may be blocked entirely. Other NY BB users may be able to comment. I've found my 3G to work better than many WiFi areas anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I live in canada, where I have a data plan. I want to use WIFI when visiting the US so as not to incur high roaming costs. I have no problem connecting to internet at other WIFI hotspots--i.e. Apple. Also having no problem doing this when using a secured hotspot, as long as I know thepassword. Only problem so far is at the Thruway travel plazas. No problem getting onto Thruway WIFI site on my laptop, either.
    Got no help from Blackberry (unless I pay for this help to make their blackberry work properly!!!) and not from Thruway Authority, either-there just got an automated reply.

Any ideas?
    07-04-10 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD