Just tested and I think AppWorld should at least go WORKING WITH BIS.

Amazon Kindle seems to be working fine over Wi-Fi.

And on a side note, they have plenty of free books, making this app something one of my faves.
    RIM has officially stated that App World does not work over wifi, but will work after OS 6. I'll Amazon Kindle in.
    07-17-10 02:16 AM
    Pandora is working on my Blackberry 9700 on T-Mo PayGo (no data services)

RIM has officially stated that App World does not work over wifi, but will work after OS 6.
    Blackberry App World is working fine on the above 9700, too.

Running OS 5.0.0.714
    Last edited by johnzebra; 07-17-10 at 11:48 PM.
    07-17-10 11:45 PM
    I got app world to work, but data needs to be activated on your SIM(doesn't have to be bis). Ill add pandora to pending.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 03:33 AM
    I got app world to work, but data needs to be activated on your SIM(doesn't have to be bis). Ill add pandora to pending.
    Oh so it does work? Guess you should trust me a bit.

I'm happy to add SugarSync to the working list. A very welcome feature added to v1.5.

I am totally pleased! Should you want to give it a try, sign in using this link for a free 2GB plan and an extra 250MB bonus: https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=cs9tfbq5nyhpy

Disclaimer: Yes, it is a referral link. But one you benefit from. Should you join from the main site, you miss the 250MB bonus.
    07-21-10 01:03 AM
    Oh so it does work? Guess you should trust me a bit.

I'm happy to add SugarSync to the working list. A very welcome feature added to v1.5.

I am totally pleased! Should you want to give it a try, sign in using this link for a free 2GB plan and an extra 250MB bonus: https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=cs9tfbq5nyhpy

Disclaimer: Yes, it is a referral link. But one you benefit from. Should you join from the main site, you miss the 250MB bonus.
    Haha I trust you it's just I didn't activate GPRS service on my SIM before. So I added a remark on the App World.
    Just registered using that link. I'll test the app later when the desktop app is installed.
    07-21-10 01:44 AM
    Could somebody check on Google Sync? I just tried and it worked but it's hard for me to say if it goes into WORKING WITH BIS or just WORKING.
    07-21-10 07:47 AM
    I don't think Google Sync will work. I found this thread on the Google forums: Wifi on Blackberry Why NOT?- Sync and Gmail for Apps - Google Mobile Help
    If another person verifies that it works, then I'll add it in.
    07-22-10 04:39 AM
    Today's release of an updated Google Voice app allows it to work on my 9700 on Paygo (no data services) via wifi.

Running OS 5.0.0.714
    07-22-10 04:48 PM
    I won't be able to test google voice since I don't live in the us

07-24-10 02:58 AM
    Yo.
    Tested Google Sync without BIS and it went to a server error in 3 of 3 tries of sync, so... might be only working with BIS.
    07-24-10 09:49 AM
    ^^ ok, added into working with BIS section
    07-25-10 06:35 PM
    hey just picked up my BB 8900
    apps that I tried

WORK OVER WIFI:
    -trillion
    -snaptu
    -vodafone update
    -nimbuzz
    THAT DO NOT WORK OVER WIFI
    -Foursquare
    -epocrates
    -gmail app

I hope this thread keeps on going becuz I do not on plan on getting data anytime soon thanks
    Last edited by smanzor88; 07-27-10 at 02:24 AM.
    07-25-10 06:38 PM
    Do Pandora or Slacker work on Wi-Fi without using BIS? Also, what about youtube?

07-27-10 04:07 AM
    Do Pandora or Slacker work on Wi-Fi without using BIS? Also, what about youtube?

-Yea i think pandora works with wifi only not sure about slacker. Youtube works in the browser
    07-27-10 04:45 PM

If you can get App World to work, Player for Youtube also works over wifi. I haven't found an OTA for this app though, it's only available for app world.
    07-27-10 06:31 PM
    hey just picked up my BB 8900
    apps that I tried

WORK OVER WIFI:
    -trillion
    -snaptu
    -vodafone update
    -nimbuzz
    THAT DO NOT WORK OVER WIFI
    -Foursquare
    -epocrates
    -gmail app

I hope this thread keeps on going becuz I do not on plan on getting data anytime soon thanks
    Vodafone Update, Nimbuzz and gmail are in their correct spots
    I tried Snaptu a long time ago and didn't work. It took FOREVER to load and in the end it said something about the connection failed.
    07-27-10 06:33 PM
    yea ill check snaptu again...maybe i was dreaming LOL,

add another:
    seesmic works over wifi.

does anyone know any good third party facebook apps that work?

CONFIRMED:
    Pandora works over wifi
    Last edited by smanzor88; 07-27-10 at 06:48 PM.
    07-27-10 06:40 PM
    Thanks krazy.boy about the sim card idea. Althou Wi-Fi will not work without a SIM card, it will work with a SIM card that's not working.

WORKING
    PayPal
    Navita Translator (but you must set it up from Auto to Wi-Fi)

SugarSync is working Wi-Fi but still requires a BIS enabled device to work. Off to WORKING WITH BIS with it (areal shame).

Now the funny stuff...

Google Sync worked even thou I had a no service (no data, no voice, no line) SIM card...
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-28-10 at 07:23 AM.
    07-27-10 06:54 PM
    Pandora works. It even works when you have opted out of Data completely.

Also, I don't know if People care, but a fantastic application for uploading photos that works with every Social Networking site is: Itookthiswithmyphone. You create an account, link it with anything, facebook for example, and you will be able to upload photos to your facebook account with only wifi.

You should add them both to working
    07-27-10 11:39 PM

Doesn't anyone read the whole thread?

We're at the mercy of the OP, who can add stuff to the OP as he sees fit. If he doesn't want to add it, you'll have to read folk's individual posts for what works and what doesn't.
    Pandora is working on my Blackberry 9700 on T-Mo PayGo (no data services)

Blackberry App World is working fine on the above 9700, too.

Running OS 5.0.0.714
    Althou Wi-Fi will not work without a SIM card, it will work with a SIM card that's not working.
    Really?

I've got several Blackberries that will use wifi to browse and other things w/o a sim card inserted.
    Last edited by johnzebra; 07-28-10 at 02:27 PM.
    07-28-10 02:23 PM
    Well that's funny, mine refused to get WiFi going last time I had it working without a SIM. Not saying you can't. Just saying mine refused to. Actuall, this is just as funny as Google Sync realy (check my last post).

Care to check on that, or did you just come to make observations?
    07-28-10 03:51 PM
    Well that's funny, mine refused to get WiFi going last time I had it working without a SIM. Not saying you can't. Just saying mine refused to. Actuall, this is just as funny as Google Sync realy (check my last post).

Care to check on that, or did you just come to make observations?
    I don't know what Google Sync is. If I did, and I used it, I'd chime in

I have T-Mo PayGo and have no data plan, so I just use things that I can over the wifi.

ETA: Well, having figured out what it is, I've installed it and it works fine over wifi.

Blackberry 9700 OS 5.0.0.714
    Last edited by johnzebra; 07-28-10 at 10:28 PM.
    07-28-10 10:11 PM
    UPDATE

pls add SNAPTU- it works over wifi I confirmed it.
    07-29-10 10:22 PM
    I use epocrates without a data plan over wifi it works well messages updates all work

07-31-10 11:47 AM
    I use epocrates without a data plan over wifi it works well messages updates all work

I will recheck this.

OK yes epocrates does work! i was putting in the wrong username :/

@krazyboy can you update that epocrates works over wifi.

@raygraph do you know any more apps that work? thank you for clarifying that it works.
    Last edited by smanzor88; 07-31-10 at 12:52 PM.
    07-31-10 12:34 PM
143 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD