Hi, im having problems connection my blackberry pearl to my home wifi router.
    Blackberry Pearl 8120
    Belkin WIFI router N router

When i search on my blackberry wifi setup utility, it doesn't find any networks, when i know there are at least five in the area because i can find them with my laptop. The blackberrys wifi is on, and i have a blackberry data plan with orange and its running as i can use the internet with out WIFI.

Ive looked at other threads that try and help me with this issue, but they tell me to change part of my router that doesn't exist?
    e.i

On the left hand side, go to "Channel and SSID" under the "Wireless"
    heading.
    Set "WMM Mode" to OFF.

I can find the channel and ssid (ovuisbly) but on my router there is no such thing as WMM Mode.

Would really appricaite help guys

Thanks
    Connor
    09-30-10 10:47 AM
    One very important issue with WiFi is the network name. Make sure you have created a name different than just Belkin or whatever the router chooses. I believe that this might have something to do with your problem. Also make sure your router and modem are connected and on to the landline internet network.

DJ
    09-30-10 12:30 PM
    My network name was changed from the set up to the benos, and my modem and router are connected properly. My pearl worked fine when I first got it on our old G router but since we have moved to the N router its just stopped working, when I do a simple wifi search it won't find my network at all :/
    Connor

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 12:46 PM
    I am now wondering about the router itself. Is the router just N or is it A/B/G/N? If it is just N then your Pearl will not connect because Blackberry's currently don't have the capablity of using the N range.

DJ
    09-30-10 01:19 PM
    I am now wondering about the router itself. Is the router just N or is it A/B/G/N? If it is just N then your Pearl will not connect because Blackberry's currently don't have the capablity of using the N range.

DJ
    Correct! The 8120 doesn't support wifi N. The new 9300 does and I think the 9100 and maybe the 9800 does too, but no BlackBerry's before the 9100 though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 01:28 PM
    Okayy thanks for the help guys :P
    10-01-10 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD