New to the foumns, but I couldn't find this issue anywhere on here.

I'm currently on Fido in Canada. I've got my curve set to wi-fi preferred but haven't signed up for UMA/UNO through the company. However, if I disable my mobile connection through Manage connections, I am still able to make calls.

Does this mean I'm making the calls through my wifi?

Also, if I go to "Service Status" under "manage connections" it says my mobile voice is set to roaming when I'm in my home area-code.

Can anyone help me decipher what exactly this means?
    Last edited by omurchu; 10-24-09 at 07:27 PM. Reason: The phone is unlocked. I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I guess it might be. I'm somewhat worried about the "roaming"
    10-24-09 06:18 PM
    When you turn on your WiFi connection it should say UMA in the top right corner instead of EDGE. This means your calls are going over WiFi now. If you leave your mobile connection on or off, doesn't matter, as long as you are connected to WiFi you will have UMA calling. If you get the proper plan, UMA calls will not be taken from your pool on monthly minutes.

Not sure about your roaming issue, but someone else here had a similar issue not too long ago.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f143/se...estion-336119/

Is your phone Fido branded? Call Fido and find out what the roaming thing means, it could just mean you're currently on a Rogers cell tower.
    10-24-09 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD