Hello hello,

I am connected to wifi in my house. I can't get a 3G signal in my house, only a poor gprs signal.

If I go into my internet browser to use the web it says gprs at top right corner and is very slow. I want it to use wifi, not gprs, is there a setting I can change so it automatically uses wifi on browser when connected?

When I turn off mobile connections so that I can't receive any calls or texts and my signal is gone, if I go into my browser then it automatically uses wifi and is very fast.

It's as if when connected to mobile network, that gets preference over wifi in the internet browser.

Help please!!
    11-14-10 12:30 PM
    If you go into the settings of your browser, you can change the default connection for it to use. Internet Browser relates to your mobile network, whereas Hotspot Browser relates to your WiFi network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-10 02:08 PM
    If you go into the settings of your browser, you can change the default connection for it to use. Internet Browser relates to your mobile network, whereas Hotspot Browser relates to your WiFi network.

As you have same phone as me, would you be able to tell me a step by step guide on how to change it please?

Much appreciated.
    11-14-10 02:14 PM
    Options > Advanced Options > Browser. Select Hotspot browser, back out, save.

11-14-10 07:29 PM
    I never noticed a difference when changing the browser imulation to Hotspot Browser. What worked for me was leaving the imulation set to Blackberry and then, Manage Connections>Mobile Network Options>Connection Preference=WiFi Only. This switches the phone to UMA (which my carrier supports) and I can stil receive calls/text hrough WiFi and have the WiFi browser speed.

11-15-10 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD