Hey everyone i am new here so am not sure if i am posting this n the right section or not. Aite so i recently got my BB 9300 and i tried to connect to wifi its working fine like it lets me connect to webpages and everything but whenever i open my browser and try to go to my home page (google) it takes me to a page that says this: Login ... idk how can i prevent that cuz its annoying. I dont have a data plan but if i disable data services Options>Mobile Network>Data Service: ON) my wifi wouldnt work. So please if there is anyway i can prevent that annoying page it would be great. Thanks
    01-08-11 12:31 PM
    did i post this in the wrong section? please help me thx
    01-10-11 06:06 PM
    You didn't post in the wrong section, but your post is very difficult to understand.

You need to have a BlackBerry Data Plan in order to use the BlackBerry Browser.
    01-10-11 07:56 PM
    You didn't post in the wrong section, but your post is very difficult to understand.

You need to have a BlackBerry Data Plan in order to use the BlackBerry Browser.
    Yup it's true for the most part. Unlike most smartphones, the data to/from BBs is actually routed through RIM's servers, not just your carrier's.

You need a BB data plan to get BIS, and you need BIS to use most of your BB's features & apps.
    01-10-11 08:01 PM
    @ppl above tbh guys i never had this problem before it just started recently... and also wifi means i can browse the web without data plan anyways its just minor problem but ye again i dont need a data plan to browse the internet on BB thx
    01-10-11 10:08 PM
    Actually, on a BlackBerry, WiFi does NOT mean that you "can browse the web without a data plan".
    01-11-11 06:31 AM
    Actually, on a BlackBerry, WiFi does NOT mean that you "can browse the web without a data plan".
    well atleast on my BB i can .. not sure which bb u using
    01-11-11 08:31 PM
    And it seems to be working great for you .....

.... as evidenced by your OP.

Good luck.
    01-11-11 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD