Hi all, Just got my new BB Bold and got it set up to connect to my router at home. Shows connection with SSID and everything and when I open the browser my home page pops right up. Very fast connection too! However when I go to another page such as ebay, it switches back to 3g and is slower again. The only way to get back to wifi is to close the browser and re open it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for all the info from everyone on here!
    02-13-09 12:02 AM
    maybe try to go to browser/options/browser config and select hot spot browser. and also change it under general properties. then switch it back to internet browser when you're not using wi fi
    02-13-09 12:03 AM
    maybe try to go to browser/options/browser config and select hot spot browser. and also change it under general properties. then switch it back to internet browser when you're not using wi fi
    Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately I did have both setting on hotspot. It works great on the first page that comes up but as soon as you try to leave your hompage for another site it switches back to 3g and stays there until I shut it down and restart the browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 11:44 AM
    In the browser, if the title bar is showing (press U to show of ofnot) it will say wifi when using wifi, and 3g when using 3g, mine always uses wifi when it is available
    Go to wifi options and set the wifi selection mode to automatic, might work

02-15-09 01:01 AM
    Yep its on automatic. I just checked it again. It shows wifi at first then just 3g when I change pages. Thanks though! Anybody else?

02-15-09 08:44 AM
    BTT anyone else having this problem or figured out how to fix it??

WIfi, when connected will pull up my home page but as soon as I go to another page it automatically goes back to 3G?
    02-19-09 10:43 PM
    Might be a dumb question, but did you turn off your Rogers Mobile Network off?
    02-21-09 06:07 AM
    Might be a dumb question, but did you turn off your Rogers Mobile Network off?
    He's with AT&T/Cingular... But I agree, try switching your Mobile Network OFF, and see if you can use your Hotspot Browser exclusively on WiFi.
    02-21-09 10:24 AM
    He's with AT&T/Cingular... But I agree, try switching your Mobile Network OFF, and see if you can use your Hotspot Browser exclusively on WiFi.
    Thanks, I tried that just now and no go. At other networks besides home, girlfriends house, McDonalds etc. I connect to the hotspot fine but no internet access at all. Not even my home page as at home. At other hotspots the wifi logo stays greyed out.

02-21-09 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD