I have been trying to put wifi on my laptop VIA my blackberry 8330 but i have no idea how. does anyone have any ideas ?
    04-11-10 12:08 PM
    If you mean that you want to use your bb as a modem so that your laptop can have internet access, then there are a number of ways to do it.

You can sign up with your carrier for tethering and pay them a monthly fee to do it (not sure about Sprint), or you can purchase the app called "Tether" and forgo the monthly fees. (This is not sanctioned by your carrier, but it works great)

Just do a search on crackberry for tether, tethering, and "blackberry as a modem" and you'll get a ton of info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 12:29 PM
    put wifi on my laptop VIA my blackberry 8330...
    What?

Your BlackBerry does not support Wifi.

Those models that do support Wifi, do not have the ability to share it with other devices.

I have experimented with AdHoc networks on my BlackBerry. Other then recognising they exist, they do nothing.
    04-11-10 12:34 PM
    What?

Your BlackBerry does not support Wifi.

Those models that do support Wifi, do not have the ability to share it with other devices.

I have experimented with AdHoc networks on my BlackBerry. Other then recognising they exist, they do nothing.
    Dude. I think he's just mixing up the terminology. I thing he's talking about tethering.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 12:40 PM
    i wouldn't pay for the sprint tether plan it changes all your min to like 600 and just some crappy crap if i were you i'd click here ----> Tether BlackBerry | BlackBerry Modem | Tether
    04-11-10 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD