Just bought a Blackberry Bold 9700 - Is there a way to force all applications to use the WIFI connection, like accessing the WEB and Facebook
    12-10-09 11:30 AM
    There is Aerize WiFiX... it's commercial though and I had no luck with it. With the proper Service Books though you should be able to browse the Web. Facebook doesn't work over WiFi as far as I know.
    12-10-09 12:18 PM
    If your carrier was T-Mobile or Rogers, your Wifi would enable Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA). When UMA is enabled, voice and all data use the high bandwidth Wifi connection.

Your carrier, AT&T, does not support UMA. Your Wifi connection will can speed up your Browsing when you have the Hotspot Browser active, but it can not be used my most third party applications.

12-10-09 12:46 PM
    If your carrier was T-Mobile or Rogers, your Wifi would enable Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA). When UMA is enabled, voice and all data use the high bandwidth Wifi connection.

Your carrier, AT&T, does not support UMA. Your Wifi connection will can speed up your Browsing when you have the Hotspot Browser active, but it can not be used my most third party applications.

I have been thinking about unscribe data plan and using wifi for browser and app. So you mean it's not possible?
    12-10-09 01:00 PM
    I have been thinking about unscribe data plan and using wifi for browser and app. So you mean it's not possible?
    If you remove the BIS plan, email, messaging, internet browsing and nearly all third party applications that use data,will not work.

The Wifi Hotspot Browser can be used with web based email programs and you can use SMS texting with the typical voice plan.
    12-10-09 01:05 PM
    So, if you can't use WIFI for most apps, what good is WIFI on this Blackberry??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 11:34 AM
    So, if you can't use WIFI for most apps, what good is WIFI on this Blackberry??

For those of us who have a BIS plan, Wi-Fi is faster than the 3G network for browsing, such as I'm doing now.

12-14-09 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD