I bought a bold 9000 international edition ATT unlocked to use on my travel to Asia. I have follow the Wifi turtorial on the site and I can't seem to get on my home wifi. I also did a wipe and updated to v5.0.0.822 from v4. It shows my home wifi but all I get is a white dash next to it. Can anyone please help me out? I hope I didn't end up wasting my money on this.

I hope I got all of the info for anyone who knows how to fix this problem.
    11-06-10 02:52 PM
    Reset your router.
    Make sure an IP is free
    Disable dmz if needed.

Also do you need a data plan to use WiFi with ATT?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-10 04:25 PM
    Don't I end up deleting every info in my router when I reset it?
    I gave my BB it's own IP.
    DMZ was never enabled.
    It's an ATT unlocked phone and I'm in Philippines right now and it works fine except for the wifi part.
    11-08-10 08:33 AM
    Nobody can help me yet?

Since yesterday I can finally use my browser to go online but on the manage connections window the WiFiMy WiFi has a black box with a white dash inside it. Which was the same indicator I had when I can not go online at all. What does the white dash mean and should I just downgrade to be safe?
    11-15-10 11:32 PM
    Without the BlackBerry Data Plan it will never be fully connected (Wifi symbol is white and/or green check mark in Manage Connections). The white wifi icon means you're connected to RIM's servers, same with the green check mark in Manage Connections. So all you're ever be able to do is browse the internet using wifi, you won't be able to do BBM, Push Email, Facebook, etc.
    11-15-10 11:53 PM
    Got it! Thanks! I'm running on prepaid sim right now cause I have trouble picking the right carrier for my data plan.
    11-16-10 12:25 PM
    Thank ridesno159 that explains alot but i guess my next question would be is, how do I get off the rim servers and be on my WiFi so i can use BBM, Push email, facebook, Etc ?? I am currently using rogers network

Thank you
    12-19-10 08:28 AM
    Thank ridesno159 that explains alot but i guess my next question would be is, how do I get off the rim servers and be on my WiFi so i can use BBM, Push email, facebook, Etc ?? I am currently using rogers network

Thank you
    I don't quite understand your question... To use any of RIM's services you must be connected to RIM's servers, which can only happen by having a BlackBerry Data Plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-10 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD