Okay, so here's my problem. I purchased this phone about 4 days ago and it has been working fine for me until last night. For some reason, randomly the GPRS/EDGE/GSM arrows were going nuts and they killed my battery in a matter of 7 or 8 hours. I started searching online for a solution and the only thing anyone came up with was that my phone would need a hard reset. so I did that and still no luck. Just after that I decided to install a task manager to make sure I could see if anything was running in the background that wasn't being seen and potentially causing issues and no luck there. So I did my own tinkering and found out it was the WiFi signal causing the send/receive to not stop.

I unchecked the box for WiFi enabling and amazingly, it stopped blinking at me. Yay for my battery life but boo for not being able to use pandora or other browser applications at reasonable speeds in the morning while in bed. I went in to the WiFi options and switched it to manual connection and manually connected to my router. Still the same issue.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is or how I fix it?
    03-05-10 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD