I'm trying to connect to my WiFi network at home, and although my BlackBerry reports a successful connection to the network, there are two problems. The first is that when I open "Manage Connections" the symbol is a yellow circle with a minus sign. I'm not sure if that's how it's meant to be, or what that indicates. The second is that I want to be sure that I'm not using the Edge network at all since I don't have a BB internet plan nor do I have a data plan and I don't want to waste money. How can I ensure that I am always using WiFi, and what email programs can I use that will only use WiFi (I just need to access Gmail). Thanks!
    09-09-09 02:48 PM
    first of all you wont be charged for data if you have a data plan.....2> if you have a yellow minus sign your connected but with issues....i.e. weak signal...config issues
    09-10-09 06:03 PM
    I'm trying to connect to my WiFi network at home, and although my BlackBerry reports a successful connection to the network, there are two problems. The first is that when I open "Manage Connections" the symbol is a yellow circle with a minus sign.
    I've got the same problem with mine. Anyone with any ideas about the configuration issues would be greatly appreciated.
    09-16-09 04:26 PM
    guys with ATT if you dont have a data plan you cant use WIFI
    Last edited by larrygump; 09-20-09 at 07:02 PM.
    09-20-09 11:32 AM
    same problem as mine..anyone who can help?
    05-08-10 02:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD