Whats the big deal? I thought that after I connected to a WiFi network that I would have faster web browsing. This is not the case.
    07-27-10 10:53 PM
    Yeah, 'cause you're still working with the same browser. Wifi means you don't use as much data, and it can be faster when downloading applications. It's also great when you're roaming. But you're still working with the same browser...
    07-27-10 11:04 PM
    you are doing it wrong, hold the phone different
    07-27-10 11:17 PM
    you are doing it wrong, hold the phone different
    Funny. Well let's say almost funny.

What browser should I use? How do I take full advantage of this feature? I am posting this from the hotel lobby. Wifi is on and the symbol is white. I am still using the BB browser. Or at least the blackberry page and progress bar show up while pages load.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-10 07:04 AM
    Funny. Well let's say almost funny.

What browser should I use? How do I take full advantage of this feature? I am posting this from the hotel lobby. Wifi is on and the symbol is white. I am still using the BB browser. Or at least the blackberry page and progress bar show up while pages load.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Download something like Opera or Bolt. BB's Native Browser though all inclusive sucks.
    07-28-10 07:14 AM
    My web browsing is faster due to the speed of "my wifi" connection vs "my 3G connection". Your mileage may vary.
    07-28-10 10:35 AM
    if you have a fast 3g signal then wifi wont see that much faster. Again you are limited by the RIM browser. But for most the browsing will be better on a wifi connection.
    07-28-10 10:38 AM
    Try streaming video over wifi and 3G... you will see the difference.

Also, as someone else said, downloading apps is faster with wifi.

Lastly, you are able to use voice and data at the same time with wifi. 3G does not allow voice and data at the same time.
    07-28-10 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD