When i check for wifi connections i see 2 there's mine and another one, i dont know whose it is.When i select the later i get a message that the crackberry can create or generate a pin,Something about preshared key.Whats that all about???
    06-27-10 08:11 AM
    That's somebody's nearby wifi router showing up, and it's access protected so just ignore it... as you won't be able to connect to it
    06-27-10 08:21 AM
    Darn, Why does it say it can generate a pin?
    06-27-10 08:28 AM
    Your device can generate a PIN for access to that particular connection, but you'll then have to find it and enter that same number into the router settings in order to gain access.
    06-27-10 08:32 AM
    Darn it i thought i could get free internet.That was my plan anyway when i bought the crackberry.I heard i could use wifi to connect to the internet, as it goes now i use verizon for my ISP and land line,i wanted to drop my landline and just go all the way with the berry,but if i drop my landline with Verizon,they jack up the price of my Internet.
    Anyone that knows how it can be done free ,feel free to PM me Please
    Last edited by life1; 06-27-10 at 08:44 AM.
    06-27-10 08:41 AM
    You can connect to free public wifi hotspots when you're close enough to pick them up... just not to other people's private wifi connections
    06-27-10 08:43 AM
    and I'd suggest securing your wifi too cuz you're letting others use your for free if you don't have it set up right now
    06-27-10 08:48 AM
    Thanks for the replys,I think my wifi is secure,when i first set it up i had to enter my password.
    06-27-10 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD