new to bb im just wondering why would you need wifi if you have a plan when you bought the phone.i hope i make sence lol.
    like tonite i was playing with my manage connections and got a singnal from my house router,is there a diffrence between my rotor connection then my service providers.
    i mean why wouldsomeone look for a wifi spot when the phone is allways connected to the internet?
    sorry if this is a silly question,and thanksany input
    06-14-10 07:48 PM
    Wifi would generally be faster then your data plan.
    06-14-10 07:51 PM
    I generally don't notice a difference when browsing the internet on wifi, it does seem faster at times though. But apps will download much faster on wifi for me.

Wifi is just a more reliable option all around. It will also allow you to talk and surf the web at the same time too. This normally isn't possible on a CDMA network (Verizon/Sprint).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 08:02 PM
    My wifi is not any faster than my 3 G connection. I just purchased my storm on Saturday and I have been on the phone with tech support and they can't figure it out either. Also my phone has been buggy and getting a lot of error messages I might swap out for a new one tomorrow.

06-14-10 09:12 PM
    3G service in my house is weak. My WiFi connection is significantly faster and more reliable. You can also print from your phone if you have a printer hooked up to your network...

Just having a good connection at home makes it worth it for me though!
    06-14-10 09:19 PM
    How do you send to printer?

06-14-10 09:57 PM
    If have both cell and wifi connections you can talk on the phone and at the same time: surf the web, send and receive emails, send and receive BBM messages, and use wifi enabled applications.

06-14-10 10:01 PM
    I use wifi to cut down on my provider data as my plan has a limited amount. I would rather use the provider data when I am at work, using GPS, etc.
    06-14-10 10:17 PM
    How do you send to printer?

You need an app that will add printer functionality, such as Cortado Workplace. To be honest, I haven't actually tried it yet, but plan to once I get a portable Bluetooth printer for the car. Anyway, it just adds a print option to your BB menu so you can print from apps like docs to go, etc. It gives you the option to choose between Bluetooth and WiFi. If my laser printer dies I'll get a network laser printer too...lol!
    06-14-10 11:50 PM
    Then, than.

Folks it's not that hard of a concept
    06-15-10 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD