This might be a stupid question so I will go ahead and say sorry. I am going to get my 1st BB in the next couple of days. I keep going back and forth between the Tour and the Curve. I am leaning towards the curve. My question is why do you need wifi if you are paying for the media package for the internet? Thanks in advance for all your thoughts.
    02-08-10 08:57 PM
    There is no stupid questions It is a bit silly to get wifi, you right because you get the media package. However, sometimes the wifi is much faster when viewing the web and thats what we all want
    02-08-10 09:25 PM
    Not to mention that spot on the house were the tower signal can't get to your Curve, but then the WiFi takes over and makes it all good again!
    02-08-10 09:43 PM
    Thanks for all the info. But I still have the problem of making up my mind on what phone to get. Can anybody tell me why I should get the Curve over the Tour or the other way around. I have read all the reviews I can find on both of them and I think it made my decision harder.
    02-09-10 10:11 PM
    Thanks for all the info. But I still have the problem of making up my mind on what phone to get. Can anybody tell me why I should get the Curve over the Tour or the other way around. I have read all the reviews I can find on both of them and I think it made my decision harder.
    ive had 2 curves now with wifi, the 8320, and the 8530. i like them both. and to be honest, i dont see myself without wifi. when im at home, or anywhere i have a wifi profile set up. it kicks over and uses that to search internet. which is way faster then even 3g can offer....

so in short i would if i was you get one with wifi....
    02-09-10 10:22 PM
    Get the one with WiFi and more features, that is all i can say for now,
    Plus if you don't have a Data plan you can switch to WiFi
    02-09-10 10:35 PM
    Plus if you don't have a Data plan you can switch to WiFi
    i think your wrong here, i think with blackberrys you ahve to have a data plan to do anything with internet....
    02-09-10 10:40 PM
    Wifi definitely helps when ur cell signal is lacking
    02-09-10 10:48 PM
    Wi-Fi on a CDMA device will also allow you to use voice and data simultaneously. If you're connected to Wi-Fi, you get the data through the Wi-Fi while talking on the phone. Otherwise, you cannot use data while talking if you have a CDMA device.

The Tour2 is coming soon. It will have Wi-Fi and a trackpad. I'd wait for that one.
    02-09-10 10:52 PM
    WiFi is faster. If you have a plan that only allots so much data, WiFi is a way to conserve it when you are in a WiFi hotspot.
    02-10-10 03:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD