Hi i connected my torch to my wireless network and i since my data plan is only 200 mb(i know it sucks) i wanted to save those by using my wifi. My question is when both are active how do i know if my phone is using the wifi or using the network? I tried to turn off mobile network so that only the wifi would be open but by doing that facebook or Blackberry appworld wont open (the browser works). Your help is really appreciated.
    09-06-10 03:04 AM
    When using any data app in OS6, the BB icon will be beside the connection being used : 3G/EDGE or wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-10 03:08 AM
    it shows bars, thats wifi right?
    09-06-10 03:21 AM
    No on the other side. Bars are the signal strenth meter fpr the mobility network. The symbol to the left of the BB symbol will be 3G/EDGE or the wifi symbol.

09-06-10 03:33 AM
    k i see and 1 more question when i use the trackpad on the browser is it supposed to be really slow? I hear a million clicking noises as a scroll but the mouse barely moves. My trackpads sensitivity is set to 70. Is there a way to chance the sensitivity for the trackpad when using the browser?
    09-06-10 03:40 AM
    No it is global. Turn scrolling sounds off and see what happens. The setting for that is in the same place I believe.

09-06-10 03:43 AM
    k i guess i can get used to it. Im trying to use the internet but it keeps using the 3g. is there any way i can make the phone use the wifi only without turning off the mobile network?
    09-06-10 03:50 AM
    k i guess i can get used to it. Im trying to use the internet but it keeps using the 3g. is there any way i can make the phone use the wifi only without turning off the mobile network?
    AFAIK there is no actual manual switching for BIS on WiFi. When you connect to WiFi the BIS should automatically switch over from the mobile network to WiFi (although a lot of times I've been connected to WiFi, the WiFi icon and BIS icon showing at the top of the browser but the BIS connection still says Mobile network). If yours keeps switching to 3G then you're getting a bad WiFi connection and it's dropping.
    09-06-10 08:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD