Wifi and G 3 have the same speed in BB ?
    04-19-10 05:03 PM
    My Wifi connections is 48 MBPS, that is broadband speed.

Today's 3G systems can offer practice of up to 14.0 Mbit/s on the downlink and 5.8 Mbit/s on the uplink. ...
    3 to 8 times as fast for Wifi
    04-19-10 05:45 PM
    Isn't that comparison a little misleading, since the pipe from your wifi router to your isp is probably 1-6 Mbps? If so, the end-to-end bandwidth of wifi isn't that much better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 06:05 PM
    Good catch Jeff.

I have just tested my broadband cable ISP, the best results without using compression are:

2,278 Kb/s and 473 Kb/s

K's and M's, I am out by a factor of a thousand. Doh!
    04-19-10 06:13 PM
    Wifi is faster when you are downloading or uploading content. It doesn't seem faster when you are web browsing though for some reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 08:08 PM
    It depends on who's 3G network you use and what you have for a wi-fi connection. For example, if you go to Starbucks and have the whole store's wi-fi to yourself, you have essentially a T1 (at least here it's a T1) at your disposal for whatever. However if it's wi-fi leaching from a neighbor with open access and it's used by twenty other people 3G will be faster, especially with a weak wi-fi signal. If you use AT&T and can hit a solid 3G then it'll be great but with EVDO it'll probably be faster to use wi-fi if you can.
    04-20-10 04:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD