I was on vzw website and was looking at the HTC TOUCH PRO. Why does vzw allow wifi on this phone but not on any blackberries? Would like a BB but wifi sure would be nice.
    04-06-09 09:00 AM
    Mystery to me. The fact that a carrier that requires a data package with these devices doesn't allow Wifi is extremely puzzling.

If the data plan were optional and they were afraid Wifi access would cut into data plan sales I would understand... But it doesn't. Wifi wouldn't hurt Verizon at all!

I'm sure this will change eventually, competition will demand it. Hopefully by the time Storm 2nd Gen is born!
    04-06-09 09:05 AM
    I don't think it's a question of allowing WiFi so much as what the device can do. For what ever reason, VZW chose the Curve model without Wifi. From a browsing standpoint, VZW would not be impacted in any way if you used your BB on Wifi.
    04-06-09 10:20 AM
    None of the CDMA BlackBerry devices currently have WiFi.
    04-06-09 11:42 AM
    Wifi is built into BlackBerry to support Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA), that is a decision the carrier must make and support.

If your carrier does not support it, no Wifi.
    04-06-09 11:51 AM
    VZW doesn't support WiFi. The HTC used to be an Alltel phone, which could be a reason why.
    04-06-09 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD