Ok, what do I do? Wife wants an Iphone for Christmas. Now, I'm a blackberry guy. I have had a Pearl 8100 and now a Pearl Flip 8220. She loves her Ipod and wants to be able to listen to music preferrable using her Itunes account. So what do I do??? Is there a conversion that She can copy all her itunes to her blackberry?? I mean, if I get her one?? Help me out with any ideas.
    11-28-08 05:53 PM
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync – Tuned Up

Get her what she wants as opposed to what you want her to have.
    It's about what makes her happy, if that is the IPhone, get her
    an IPhone.
    11-28-08 06:47 PM
    Get her the iPhone. I had one and had to get rid of it because i had no service anywhere with ATT. If service is good in your area, get her one. It's nice being able to have everything in one device. It's a great device and she will love it
    11-28-08 06:49 PM
    Good point. To bad tmobile does not have an iPhone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 06:50 PM
    Good point. To bad tmobile does not have an iPhone!

If she is not stuck on getting an iPhone 3G, you can buy the 1st gen iPhone on ebay/craigslist etc and can be unlocked to be used on TMo, the 3G iPhones are unable to be software unlocked at this time to work on other GSM carriers.
    11-28-08 06:57 PM
    Yeah I agree, get her what she wants not what you want.

11-28-08 06:59 PM
    Its not so much what I want, but just staying with tmobile. Sorry I did not make that point more clear. Not much AT&T around here. That first one may be the truck. What package is that with tmobile? What data plan?

11-28-08 07:06 PM
    If it was my wife I'd get the iPhone. My wife hates my BB (says its too confusing to use) so she has the phone she wants.
    11-28-08 07:12 PM
    Its not so much what I want, but just staying with tmobile. Sorry I did not make that point more clear. Not much AT&T around here. That first one may be the truck. What package is that with tmobile? What data plan?

i would not know the data packages with tmo that would work. I do know you would loose visual voicemail since that is strictly through ATT iPhone data plan.
    11-28-08 07:24 PM
    I'd just get her the iPhone... think of it this way... if you go to AT&T that gives you an excuse to buy yourself a Bold!!
    11-28-08 07:29 PM
    Regular data on tmo should be 20 bucks I believe..The BIS is 20 bucks so it should be 20-30 for regular PDA data don't quote me on that though.
    11-28-08 07:30 PM
    What if you wanted a Storm for Christmas and your wife decided to get an Iphone for you instead because she didn't like BB?

Get the woman what she asked for.

Edit: Just read your second post. Is your wife aware of the ATT problem? Does she just want to run it on Tmo and lose capabilities? Maybe you should get her to clarify a bit. I think I'd be bummed if I wanted something without realizing it wouldn't work right on my network. She may not realize she can't really have it unless you switch.

If she still really wants it after knowing it may be crippled, then get it for her. If not, get her a pretty Curve
    Last edited by manderly; 11-28-08 at 07:59 PM.
    11-28-08 07:56 PM
    Well blackberry has a software now that allows u to sync your itunes music to ur blackberry. U just have to buy a memory card that will be able to hold it. If not then get her an iphone.
    Happy holidays!!
    11-28-08 08:13 PM
    No matter what, you will be wrong. :>)

11-28-08 08:19 PM
    Ha. ^ nice

11-28-08 08:44 PM
    You're all right!

11-28-08 10:24 PM
    Get her the iPhone. I had one and had to get rid of it because i had no service anywhere with ATT. If service is good in your area, get her one. It's nice being able to have everything in one device. It's a great device and she will love it
    I second this sentiment. If she really wants an iPhone, get it for her. She may be unhappy with Blackberry and reluctant to go through the learning curve it takes before becoming acclimated to the new OS. If having an iPod and fun little apps is her thing, I say the iPhone is the way to go.

Edit: Hmm, just realize you want to stay on T-Mobile. That's going to be a problem since the iPhone 3G hasn't been unlocked yet (don't know about those folks who use turbo sims). Options for your wife don't look good if she wants an iPhone but AT&T coverage is poor in your area.
    Last edited by Crackburry; 11-29-08 at 04:11 AM.
    11-29-08 04:08 AM
    Ok, what do I do? Wife wants an Iphone for Christmas. Now, I'm a blackberry guy. I have had a Pearl 8100 and now a Pearl Flip 8220. She loves her Ipod and wants to be able to listen to music preferrable using her Itunes account. So what do I do??? Is there a conversion that She can copy all her itunes to her blackberry?? I mean, if I get her one?? Help me out with any ideas.

I know I know most people on here don't like the iPhone but the truth is if she likes her iPod she will love the iPhone.. I used a iPhone and its not that bad to be honest.. I had my grypes but its still not a terrible phone and "MEDIA" functions are way way way better on that phone then any blackberry.. going from a ipod/iphone to a blackberry thinking of media will be a dissapointment. We like communication which is were the iPhone lacks in some areas.
    11-29-08 04:40 AM
    I have had two iphone one I lost on my motorcycle and the other I took back. Yea its cool to have at first but after awhile she won't like it, even on the bb she can play her music and trust me when I say this her battery life on a blackberry will be 20 times better then the iphones, they eat battery cells to easy. My choice let her use your blackberry for a week get her a sd card and download some mucis for her and let her use the phone for a week. Then if she doent like it get her the iphone and you will be taking it back within 2 weeks then she is going to want a diffrent phone, all in all its your wife so you have to make her happy but you as they man knows what's best!

11-29-08 04:58 AM
    O and if she want to send pics she can't if she want to change the vibrate on her sms she can't if she crack the screen it can't be fixed ( yes it can but for another $200) if it get lost your beat cause there is no insurance on it. I vote blackberry

11-29-08 05:01 AM
    Send ur wife to deal with att person first! Than tell ur wife that u would not able to help her out if she got questions! It works for my gf lol she now has a bb not iphone lol

11-29-08 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD