For those of you who have had both, is a wi-fi enabled Berry a huge advantage over one that isn't or is it just a nice to have?
    04-12-10 08:35 AM
    It's a huge advantage if you have a UMA enabled phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 08:40 AM
    If you have a wireless LAN it can be a huge advantage. If you don't have one I think you can easily live without it if you have good network coverage.
    04-12-10 08:40 AM
    i think its a nice to have thing. I have the Tour and my GF that lives with me has the 8530...i think i've only used it on hers twice since she's had it. I never really think about using it and like the previous guy said if you have good coverage i don't see a point in it unless your doing lots of dl'ing.
    04-12-10 08:45 AM
    I just started using it on my 9700. I am almost always connected and a heavy data user. I have been finding that my batter lasts a lot longer.

This is not using UMA. I have att

04-12-10 11:51 AM
    I use wi-fi on my Bold 9700 all the time, it is a great feature to have.
    04-12-10 11:56 AM
    wifi is a must for me...
    04-12-10 12:08 PM
    i guess after reading the last few post i would like to edit my last comment. In my situation it's a " nice to have thing" since i can't bring my phone in to work and 90% of the time if i'm in range of a WiFi network i could use then that means i'm at home. If that is the case i just use my laptop for any net related things.

But if your situation is where your in range of an open network a lot during the day then i could see where it would be a must have.
    04-12-10 12:37 PM
    I can download a lot through Verizon's 3G and it can take a while but the speeds are acceptable. That said sometimes I wish I had wi-fi just to do things like Youtube where extra bandwidth would help the video quality a bit.
    04-12-10 12:53 PM
    If you have access to wifi then having it on the bb is great.

04-12-10 02:17 PM
    dunno about other models of BB but my 8520 GSM/GPRS signal is not great, compared to some other phones i've had. so wifi makes up for this. actually, it makes up for it even more compared to my previous phone (which also had wifi), because:

BB remembers hotspots so next time you go there, turn wifi on & you're connected. in my old phone, i'd have to reintroduce the wifi pairing process each time i went to that hotspot.

but yeah i'm talking about the relief i get because my GSM/GPRS is so poor where i work, & i can go to the [wifi hotspot] nearby pub for lunch.
    04-12-10 02:47 PM
    I use WiFi all the time at home. My 3G signal is kind of suspect there and has a tendency to drop to 1x. WiFi takes care of that issue.
    04-12-10 03:18 PM