Hi all. I need a little help. I've got a Blackberry Bold 9650(I put it here though since it's a general question). This is the first berry I've had with wi-fi. I've got my home network programed in, but for some reason, it doesn't automatically connect when I get home. I'm not as up to speed on how to use the wi-fi as I would like, so I'm a little lost. It auto connects to my work network, but not always my home.

Any ideas? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    07-01-10 06:29 PM
    Check for an OS upgrade. .714 fixed my 9700.
    07-01-10 06:38 PM
    Did you insert the wep key? If so did you save it?
    07-01-10 07:26 PM
    Yeah. I entered and saved it. It's like it just comes and goes now. It connected for a while, then lost it, then connected. Rinse, lather, repeat.
    07-01-10 08:00 PM
    If you have your home network saved, set it's priority level and enable Single Profile Scanning, and your device should connect as soon as you pull in the driveway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by RegE; 07-02-10 at 10:20 AM. Reason: addendum
    07-01-10 11:54 PM
    Or as soon as you pull in the driveway + ~ 30 seconds. It takes a little bit sometimes for me since I do not broadcast my SSID and all and it takes a few moments for my phone to find it.

I love the Wi-Fi!
    07-02-10 08:29 AM
    If you have your home network saved, set it's priority level and enable Single Profile Scanning, and your device should connect as soon as you pull in the driveway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Okay, now how does that work(I'm new with phone wi-fi). When I go into that option(single profile), I can highlight my work or home. When I highlight home, does that mean I won't automatically connect at work?
    07-12-10 10:17 PM
    Okay, now how does that work(I'm new with phone wi-fi). When I go into that option(single profile), I can highlight my work or home. When I highlight home, does that mean I won't automatically connect at work?
    Search for, and save all the networks that you frequently use. Then, prioritize them. Then, select 'Single Profile Scanning'. Your device will only search for the networks that you saved - in the order that they're saved.
    07-12-10 10:22 PM
    Search for, and save all the networks that you frequently use. Then, prioritize them. Then, select 'Single Profile Scanning'. Your device will only search for the networks that you saved - in the order that they're saved.

Did that. It's odd. I'm sitting right in front of my router and it won't connect. Boggles the mind.
    07-12-10 10:29 PM
    If you 'searched' for you home network and you saved it, you should connect in a couple minutes. You're saying it won't connect? What happened when you 'searched' for your network and you selected it? Did you enter your password? After you enter your password, you should have connected.
    07-12-10 10:55 PM
    If you 'searched' for you home network and you saved it, you should connect in a couple minutes. You're saying it won't connect? What happened when you 'searched' for your network and you selected it? Did you enter your password? After you enter your password, you should have connected.
    It comes and goes. The connection. For instance, tonight has been all good. No problems at all. Now it could disconnect in the next five minutes. I'm kind of at a loss.
    07-14-10 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD