I honestly don't get it. Everyone gave up so much hype to the 9700, and its practically a 8900 with 9000 keyboard, similar to the 9000 Specs, trackpad and OS 5. I really see no need to jump on the band wagon and get the next to nothing greatest device.

Now everyone is sweatin the daily monkey sacks of the Essex, as if there is anything new to the device other than a repackaged 9700 in Tour size.

Why make it so important? I love crackBerry. But some members just over spoil the rumored devices and become so obsessed that there are about 800 threads asking about release dates for 1 device! Lol. Seriously, crackheadberry addicts, its just a phone! As if creating the same thread in a week span will help rush the release date. Get a ******* grip.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 11:25 PM
    I honestly don't get it.
    You're not addict enough?

I personally feel some devices are overhyped, but there's always room for improvement. It is good to know RIM is working, probably not as hard as we would like, but definitely working to bring us new devices. While the 9700 might not seem like a huge improvement to you, for some OS 5.0 already is something they MUST get their hands on. I know about the betas, though if you go the official route and don't want risking to brick your Berry... well 9700 it is then.
    11-30-09 12:13 AM
    I think its exactly that. Your not yet addicted.
    I came from a treo world and got my 8330 thinking I would have it for 2 years. Once the addiction tales over you want the newest rumored devices yesterday!!

I would love a tour but yet I am holding out for the essex, lol

11-30-09 12:25 AM
    it's only hype that rules and creates the markets for new devices
    11-30-09 01:01 AM
    I look at it this way. Back when I got my 8830WE, I was really happy with the device. After a few months, I was missing having a camera on my phone, and was finding that I had to keep watch on which apps were installed and how much memory was available.

Several months after I got my 8830, the Curve 8330 came out. It felt too small and I didn't like the keyboard (was used to the 8830 by then).

The Bold came out for AT&T. No updates for CDMA. The 8900 came out - nothing for CDMA (what ever happened to the Jupiter?). The only new CDMA berry was the Storm.

Then the Niagara was rumored. Finally, an update to the 8830! Soon, there would be a phone similar to the 8830, but with a camera and much more memory! Yes, I did follow it quite a bit. When the Tour came out, I was jazzed. It had the features I was missing on my 8830, just missing Wifi. Even so, I found the Tour was a huge improvement over my WE, and even though it has a few quirks here and there, it is what I expected and a very welcome upgrade.

Am I watching the Essex? Yes. Am I going to jump on it as soon as it arrives? Probably not. The lure of WiFi is a nice benefit, but I am pretty happy with my Tour.
    11-30-09 06:38 AM
    i love hearing about new blackberry's. it gives me a fuzzy feeling knowing that i will have a new device in a few months, even though similar to my current device, its another option.

i cant wait for the 9100 in the UK im gonna be all over that for when im in gigs and on a night out.
    11-30-09 06:46 AM
    It's fun.
    11-30-09 06:52 AM
    As if creating the same thread in a week span will help rush the release date. Get a ******* grip.
    ... or make the elevator come faster or the cross walk light change faster...

I had my taste, waiting for the original Bold. When it released, I realized it wouldn't meet my needs after all. Wifi without UMA is not a workable solution.

Others, something about the anticipation tickles that region of the brain that controls obsessive behaviour. It's normal, like waiting for Christmas when we were children.
    11-30-09 12:35 PM
    I just liked new technology in general so of course I am going to be interested in hearing about the latest BlackBerry.
    11-30-09 12:40 PM
    Obsessed because this is a site of enthusiasts and phone degenerates. That's
    practically the main audience the site targets. Plain and simple.
    11-30-09 12:57 PM
    lol I get what the OP means.

But I think its something to do with humans and speculation. Its our weakness right?
    Passes the time, its nice to guess right, and we all have our dream device.
    Gambling without the money, speculation. Its fun, and how boring would life be waiting to be told everything.

Besides..... I reckon the developers watch such sites and threads, and without consumer feedback, development might not be as agressive.

As amuzing as some of the threads can be, with people getting into arguements over the next possible phone.... I feel ya !
    11-30-09 01:12 PM
    We all need hobbies and part of my collection is BB obsession. I love the thought of new devices and new apps. This is pure, unadulterated fun.
    11-30-09 02:23 PM
    All I'm saying is: Same crap, different body, no more WOW's from me. Just getting disappointed with these tid bit releases and nothing to tickle my **** shoot about. Until our phones have flash compatible browsers, better media management, larger screens for me to go blind over, bigger app memory, faster processors, and a track pad in 24k Gold, I am not jumping on no bandwagons. Yes, 24k gold track pads!

11-30-09 04:07 PM
    All I'm saying is: Same crap, different body, no more WOW's from me. Just getting disappointed with these tid bit releases and nothing to tickle my **** shoot about. Until our phones have flash compatible browsers, better media management, larger screens for me to go blind over, bigger app memory, faster processors, and a track pad in 24k Gold, I am not jumping on no bandwagons. Yes, 24k gold track pads!

I really understand where you're coming from and believe me many feel the
    same as you do.

I had the 9700 for a week because I switched to TMO but didn't like the
    service. So I went back to AT&T so I obviously would like to get the 9700
    on there. I really like the phone but I don't feel in any rush to get it like I
    might have in the past. I can wait for the right price to come along.

But when the new iPhone comes out this summer I'll be really rushed to get it
    because that's something that we know we can expect something different.
    This based on the fact that I also use a 3GS
    11-30-09 04:16 PM
    i just signed a 2 year contract, I cant get excited about a new phone for another 2 years. current rumored phones will be old crap by then.
    11-30-09 06:10 PM
    I definitely see where you're coming from, but it's just human nature to be curious about things.

It's different strokes for different folks though. Some people are obsessed with the newest video games, shoes, jewelery, cars etc.

There's always something new coming out. That's how companies make money. I'm sure if you thought hard enough, there's something that you obsess over. Everyone has their interests.

While you can't understand the hype about a BlackBerry that doesn't have what you consider "major changes", you have to at least understand the generalized idea that people want to have the best of the best in anything. And if you're going to witness the "hype" this forum is one of the places to do it.
    11-30-09 06:24 PM
    Am I watching the Essex? Yes. Am I going to jump on it as soon as it arrives? Probably not. The lure of WiFi is a nice benefit, but I am pretty happy with my Tour.
    I feel the same way. I get 3G pretty much everywhere I go and if there is wifi, ill be using my laptop anyway.
    11-30-09 07:53 PM
    I feel the same way. I get 3G pretty much everywhere I go and if there is wifi, ill be using my laptop anyway.
    With T-Mobile using the wifi means free phonecalls if you have the hotspot feature added to your monthly bill. For 10.00 extra bucks a month you can make as many as many calls and anywhere for free. Can not beat that, Not to mention if you have bad reception in office building using wifi will give you great reception. If you dont have wifi you can make exscuses why it is no big deal but you want it people, once you have it you wonj't buy another phone without it. I own a pearl 8120, 9000 and the 9700, they all have wifi.

12-15-09 09:13 AM
    I honestly don't get it. Everyone gave up so much hype to the 9700, and its practically a 8900 with 9000 keyboard, similar to the 9000 Specs, trackpad and OS 5. I really see no need to jump on the band wagon and get the next to nothing greatest device.

You need to go to blackberry's web site and look at the difference between the 9000 and the 9700. They are tottaly different.. different screen, different procesor, different memory, the BT set-ups are different... wow you do not know blackberries if you make a statement like that. and honestly think it is 100% true.

12-15-09 09:43 AM
    ^^^the processor is the same speedwise not sure about manufacturer. But overall the device is different.
    I like knowing about new devices because like most people i tend to like new and exciting things. I have to say that the original iphone started this trend.
    12-15-09 09:45 AM
    ^^^the processor is the same speedwise not sure about manufacturer. But overall the device is different.
    I like knowing about new devices because like most people i tend to like new and exciting things. I have to say that the original iphone started this trend.
    I think the new 9700 has a 526 processor and the older 9000/8900/9530/9500 has a 4xx processor.

12-15-09 10:22 AM
    I think the new 9700 has a 526 processor and the older 9000/8900/9530/9500 has a 4xx processor.
    This, I don't think is correct. The Bold 9000 and 9700 both share the same
    624mhz processor while the 8900 employs the 512mhz processor.
    12-15-09 10:53 AM
    People always need something to look forward to, plain and simple.
    12-15-09 11:07 AM
    its so we have something to look forward to.
    12-15-09 02:20 PM
    i just signed a 2 year contract, I cant get excited about a new phone for another 2 years. current rumored phones will be old crap by then.
    Same, haha.
    12-15-09 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD