Me it's morbid curiosity, like rubber backing at a car crash.

Plus with no more new products and no hope of attracting new members I pop in periodically half expecting it not to even be here.

I expect most are reading this purely out of habit, a habit your bothering less and less with as in reality there's no real point anymore ☹
    10-25-19 11:48 PM
    Canadian companies don’t give up so easily ;-) there is a history with blackberry owners and we still have fond memories and many of us still use the older ones as well.
    10-25-19 11:58 PM
    Hoping hopes for hopeful like me

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-26-19 12:24 AM
    10-26-19 01:27 AM
    Maybe not. But you have to admit, he dose have a point here.

I haven't used a BlackBerry device for three years (Z30) but I still pop back here to see how you guys are coping. I was loyal to BlackBerry for nearly ten years before the light at the end of the tunnel faded away.

I can only give you guys full marks for your stamina and faith.
    10-26-19 07:03 AM
    Maybe not. But you have to admit, he dose have a point here.

I haven't used a BlackBerry device for three years (Z30) but I still pop back here to see how you guys are coping. I was loyal to BlackBerry for nearly ten years before the light at the end of the tunnel faded away.

I can only give you guys full marks for your stamina and faith.
    I'm not sure faith has much to do with it. I just prefer a physical keyboard.
    merlin29 likes this.
    10-26-19 07:11 AM

Plus with no more new products and no hope of attracting new members I pop in periodically half expecting it not to even be here.

I expect most are reading this purely out of habit, a habit your bothering less and less with as in reality there's no real point anymore
    There are still almost a million BlackBerry Mobile users and a couple hundred thousand BB10 users looking to chat and/or ask for help.
    10-26-19 07:12 AM
    There are still almost a million BlackBerry Mobile users and a couple hundred thousand BB10 users looking to chat and/or ask for help.
    Which is nothing, that’s why we are checking on you.
    It is nostalgic in some ways. Though most of us have moved on we still remember the old days, the beginning of the smartphone craze. I wouldn’t go backwards for anything but I still hold on to the memories.
    Ok, now I need a tissue.
    10-26-19 07:19 AM
    Hope is the only thing that keeps bringing me back. It astonishes me how a company could make a device as miraculous as the Passport and other PK devices and not have people become addicted. Since there is no real money to fuel the push like apple has, I only pray that I will see another Passport like or similar but wider then the KEY2 that I could dive back into. It's all based on hope the kind princess Leia shared with Luke Skywalker. The kind rebellions are built on......

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    skinnymike1, rarsen and bbfanfan like this.
    10-26-19 07:38 AM
    Enough for a thriving website, but sadly not enough for more new products. Welcome to the fringe everyone!
    skinnymike1 and merlin29 like this.
    10-26-19 08:26 AM
    Canadian companies don’t give up so easily ;-) there is a history with blackberry owners and we still have fond memories and many of us still use the older ones as well.
    The Canadian company called Blackberry did give up ….
    making mobile devices. They still have an app suite for smartphones for the time being.
    I come in here for three reasons.
    1) to talk about the 3 TCL BB devices I own.
    2) to talk about how long I'll be able to use them.
    3) to hear about tech talk in general. I enjoy the company of many of the people here…
    Believe it or not!
    rarsen and skinnymike1 like this.
    10-26-19 10:36 AM
    I'm here because Blackberry is my emotion. I love the people who love Blackberry. I love to read the posts which say good about Blackberry.

Other reason was CB app, yes CB apps both for bbos and bb10 were designed great and I always wanted to read and post comments in various forums.

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-26-19 11:06 AM
    I'm here because I've been here since '09. My first BlackBerry was the Pearl 8100 that I got in '07, but it took a while for me to actually join this group.

Through the 9800, then the Z10, I stuck around. Even though I'm on a Samsung now (an S9 at the moment), I've been hoping for a decent BB slab to hit AT&T (after the Z10, none ever did).

However, I am using the BlackBerry Hub+ Suite on my S9 and the BlackBerry Virtual Keyboard. So between that, and keeping my Z10 going with my email and Evernote but no longer an cellular - just Wi-Fi - I feel I can still help with issues that users may have.

Plus all the stimlating pseudo pro-BB/anti-BB discussions that pop up every once and a while .

I mean, there are enough members around here to keep the "Today's posts" view constantly active.
    rarsen and skinnymike1 like this.
    10-26-19 11:56 AM

I expect most are reading this purely out of habit, a habit your bothering less and less with as in reality there's no real point anymore ☹
    It'll soon be deja vu all over again for me https://www.webosnation.com/ . Just as I liked to give help (when I could) with some on old Palm devices, same is happening with BB10 devices.
    10-26-19 12:36 PM
    making mobile devices. They still have an app suite for smartphones for the time being.
    I come in here for three reasons.
    1) to talk about the 3 TCL BB devices I own.
    2) to talk about how long I'll be able to use them.
    3) to hear about tech talk in general. I enjoy the company of many of the people here…
    Believe it or not!
    When Blackberry isn’t a company anymore, that’s when they’ve given up. They were never originally a handset company to begin with. People love to knock BlackBerry and have a defeatist attitude and say it should be killed off, but I’d like to know how many other companies out there stick around when they are in the same situation.

A lot of people like to compare BlackBerry to certain car brands in here, well here’s my take, Olds was starved for good products for years, and then it was arbitrarily decided by GM (and tons of know-it-alls on the Internet) to be worthless. Olds could easily have been revived like other brands (Apple, Chrysler in the 1980s or Marvel in the mid-1990s) if GM had invested properly in it (like they did with the first-generation Aurora).
    bb9900user2018 and rarsen like this.
    10-26-19 12:53 PM
    When Blackberry isn’t a company anymore, that’s when they’ve given up. They were never originally a handset company to begin with. People love to knock BlackBerry and have a defeatist attitude and say it should be killed off, but I’d like to know how many other companies out there stick around when they are in the same situation.

A lot of people like to compare BlackBerry to certain car brands in here, well here’s my take, Olds was starved for good products for years, and then it was arbitrarily decided by GM (and tons of know-it-alls on the Internet) to be worthless. Olds could easily have been revived like other brands (Apple, Chrysler in the 1980s or Marvel in the mid-1990s) if GM had invested properly in it (like they did with the first-generation Aurora).
    ? They are turning things around with security and IoT. But they HAVE given up on phones long ago.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-26-19 01:11 PM
    Tell ya what, when I don’t see these for sale in my Canadian city anymore, THEN I will say “they gave up.”
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    10-26-19 01:11 PM
    Tell ya what, when I don’t see these for sale in my Canadian city anymore, THEN I will say “they gave up.”
    10-26-19 01:12 PM
    ? They are turning things around with security and IoT. But they HAVE given up on phones long ago.
    Like I said above they were never a phone company to begin with. (The screenshots above are from a video I made just last year, and they still have pretty much the full line for sale at that carrier, and others as well)
    10-26-19 01:13 PM
    [IMG=289x512]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191026/16a0659fe5f3ef6e37ac551946cdbd97.jpg[/url][IMG=289x512]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191026/82965c36bc9080cfddf98a9fd25b09c1.jpg[/url]
    They stopped making phone devices in 2016.
    These are TCL Chinese made phones with a Blackberry security layer and logo on and come with Blackberry apps pre-loaded.

Keep track of the difference.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-26-19 01:21 PM
    They stopped making phone devices in 2016.
    These are TCL Chinese made phones with a Blackberry security layer and logo on and come with Blackberry apps pre-loaded.

Keep track of the difference.
    Got the BlackBerry name on it doesn’t it? You perceive things how you want and maybe others will perceive things a little more positively OK. No one is throwing in the towel yet at BlackBerry and some of us will take some pride in that, try all you want to be a defeatist on this topic. Like I said for the third time, they were never a handset maker to begin with, they are generally a software developer now. Some of us love our companies through the ups and downs we don’t just dump on them and scream “they should be killed!” Learn the DIFFERENCES.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    10-26-19 01:33 PM
    Perhaps the title of this thread should be “Why are you here if you don’t care about Blackberry and Just Want to Dump On It”
    10-26-19 01:37 PM
    Got the BlackBerry name on it doesn’t it? You perceive things how you want and maybe others will perceive things a little more positively OK. No one is throwing in the towel yet at BlackBerry and some of us will take some pride in that, try all you want to be a defeatist on this topic. Like I said for the third time, they were never a handset maker to begin with, they are generally a software developer now. Some of us love our companies through the ups and downs we don’t just dump on them and scream “they should be killed!” Learn the DIFFERENCES.
    Rayban, I'm genuinely curious here: is it your belief that the Android TCL-manufactured devices that use the Blackberry Mobile brand name have anything whatsoever to do with Blackberry Limited, the company that made BBOS/BB10 devices and the Playbook? I'm just trying to figure out where you are on this...
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-26-19 01:59 PM
    Old stock being sold isn’t indicative of life.
    10-26-19 02:12 PM
    Rayban, I'm genuinely curious here: is it your belief that the Android TCL-manufactured devices that use the Blackberry Mobile brand name have anything whatsoever to do with Blackberry Limited, the company that made BBOS/BB10 devices and the Playbook? I'm just trying to figure out where you are on this...
    They are if you wear your rose-colored glasses.
    10-26-19 02:15 PM
42 12