04-09-12 02:07 PM
78 ... 234
tools
    Dude, chill out. We're just answering the OP's question based on personal experience and preference. That does not make us "foolish" it makes us informed and aware of our needs in a phone.

Sorry, but your need to defend your iPhone comes off as insecurity as well.

I only use a handful of apps. That's true of ME using ANY platform. I use messaging and GPS. That's it. So I choose a platform that best suits my needs. Communication, notification, physical keyboard, battery life, device size are what I need.

Yeah, we talk about how much we enjoy our BlackBerry devices here. It is, after all, first and foremost a BlackBerry ENTHUSIASTS SITE.

Most of us here have used other platforms. We're not ignorant nor bashing other devices. We like BlackBerry so we stay with BlackBerry and post on a BlackBerry enthusiasts site. Pointing out the cons or lack of features that are important to me in other platforms is NOT bashing. It's being realistic and aware of the platforms and my needs.

You've been here long enough to remember how it used to be. It was more talk about BlackBerry device help, tips and rumors and news. What's new is the myraid threads on other platforms.

Again, I'm sorry, but you're the one looking insecure and "small."

Bla bla iToys, not professional looking, games and apps, not a business tool, no keyboard ... Give your head a shake people. Do you have no idea how foolish and ignorant these comments are?

Do you have no clue how many incredible business, productivity, reference, education, and utilities apps there are in the App store. If you want productivity and a powerful business tool then you sure as heck better seriously consider an iPhone and/or iPad. That's the truth of the matter.

Reading this crap here over and over day after day is making me embarrassed to own a BlackBerry product. I just picked up another 9900 not because I need the phone, rather because I'm a CEO, I handle a very high volume of emails on the go and like to switch it up between devices plus I can afford it and I enjoy messing around with tech. I've owned various flavors of the latest android offerings as well.

From its original days the temperament on these CrackBerry forums has changed remarkably, call it an inferiority complex, the need to be defensive of and loyal to a company of which we use the products. Regardless it's not right, leave the lies, the half truths, and the mistruths out of it.

Before you go rambling on about the iPhone is not for business only for games and useless apps take a step up from being ignorant and look at the Apple app store. Pay particular attention to the apps under the business and productivity headings. That should be enough to put your predetermined incorrect notions to test.

Oh and for the keyboard the Blackberry so famous for and it's crucial for productivity ... then tell me why the first QNX phone is without a keyboard. And also tell me why the keyboard is so important as I just dictated this post on my iPad 3 in moments and never touched a key.

It makes people look small, feeling they have to put down every other device on the market in order to boost your own device up. What is angering is the lies and half-truths that are told on this form about the other devices. Just pop over to an apple or an android forum you don't read all this crap naysaying and lieing about Blackberries in every third post.

These are just tools people, each individual has different needs and different phones suit different peoples needs. Who cares. But if you're going to comment on another manufactures device at least leave the lies and half-truths out of it.

Now it's time for lunch ....as Iraise my iPhone to my ear and ask Siri "please search restaurants in Collingwood Ontario that serve all day breakfast" ...

Then when I arrive and waiting for my breakfast Siri and I will catch up on email. But, as people have written here, Siri sucks, can't use it in public, have to have that keyboard .... Really? In a restaurant I lift the iPhone to my ear andwhisper quietly into the speaker and voil ... all emails reply to. Another myth BUSTED
    Last edited by chrisy520; 04-09-12 at 11:28 AM.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    04-09-12 11:26 AM
    I bought my first BB and mu current one because they were running a special on a website called cellularmiles.com.

My current curve 9330 was 50 bucks with a contract in Dec 2010, and that was all I could afford. iPhones were not available on Sprint at the time and if they were, it would have been too expensive. I comparison shopped with all available Android phones at that price point and they all got horrible reviews for responsiveness, specs, etc.

The BlackBerry was just the most bang for the buck, plain and simple. It's the same reason I got the Playbook at $200.

Now, when my contract is up this December, I have a choice to make. If BB10 is impressoive enough, I may stay with them, with the bonus being Blackberry bridge internet connection (huge bonus). I may go Android. I really like Windows Phone, we will see how Win8 is going. I will probably skip Apple, as awesome as they are, I have had a disdain for that company and the way they do business since their dealer sold my dad an Apple IIGS in 1987, insisting it was the computer of the future, and then dropping all support for it a few years later. I don't like their proprietary BS and would not feel proud rocking the same phone as everyone else.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Crackberry Forums App.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-09-12 12:05 PM
    Yep, that's exactly the kind of reply I expected, thank you.

Dude, chill out. We're just answering the OP's question based on personal experience and preference. That does not make us "foolish" it makes us informed and aware of our needs in a phone.

Sorry, but your need to defend your iPhone comes off as insecurity as well.

I only use a handful of apps. That's true of ME using ANY platform. I use messaging and GPS. That's it. So I choose a platform that best suits my needs. Communication, notification, physical keyboard, battery life, device size are what I need.

Yeah, we talk about how much we enjoy our BlackBerry devices here. It is, after all, first and foremost a BlackBerry ENTHUSIASTS SITE.

Most of us here have used other platforms. We're not ignorant nor bashing other devices. We like BlackBerry so we stay with BlackBerry and post on a BlackBerry enthusiasts site. Pointing out the cons or lack of features that are important to me in other platforms is NOT bashing. It's being realistic and aware of the platforms and my needs.

You've been here long enough to remember how it used to be. It was more talk about BlackBerry device help, tips and rumors and news. What's new is the myraid threads on other platforms.

Again, I'm sorry, but you're the one looking insecure and "small."
    04-09-12 02:07 PM
78 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD