04-09-12 02:07 PM
78 1234
tools
    Well, my company bought my first two. I bought these last two, because that's what I've always had.

My family has iPhones, and that's what I'd get if I were starting over. But that's like saying I'd live in Iowa and work in insurance if I were starting over. I'm not starting over, and I've figured out how to do what Blackberry does.

And, of course, because I'm RIM van Winkle. My family says I'm stuck in the 80's, but for technology I live about five years behind. It's 2007 for me right now, so I have NO complaints about blackberry. I'm sure by the time I catch up this ugly period will be behind us.

LOVE it!!!
    04-05-12 07:29 PM
    Because it suits me.
    04-05-12 08:13 PM
    Got on board with BlackBerry with a Curve and loved it. Upgraded to the Bold family and stayed ever since. PlayBook was a must with the BlackBerry Flagship the 9930.
    04-05-12 08:18 PM
    Too me its personal preference I could get an IPhone and was close to getting one but knew I would miss my berry. My only disappointment of the BlackBerry platform is apps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Crackberry forums app
    Last edited by siddo_d; 04-05-12 at 08:33 PM.
    04-05-12 08:21 PM
    Security is important to me, they're rugged and im hard on hardware, they always work, they're not over-priced and im uncomfortable with hype. Mostly, they do everything I want to do and they do it very well.
    04-05-12 08:36 PM
    I came from the Palm Pre2 and before that a long series of Palm Treo phones. I am totally sold on the Bold form factor for a phone -- especially since I have a Playbook with bridge for any serious touchscreen computing on the go.

- I love the physical keyboard not only for better typing, but also for short-cuts. I love being able to hit a couple of buttons on my phone and start dialing a conference call number complete with access codes

- I also love the touchpad and hardkeys for phone, menu, escape and quit functions. I can move around really quickly

- I also like the bullet-proof Exchange calendar integration. All the people I know with the iPhone or Android regularly have problems with accepting appointments, losing appointments, etc. Not only does the Blackberry do those things flawlessly, but I can also find free-time and schedule meetings with people -- try that with Android or iPhone.

And for the record I don't use BBM -- in fact, I actually deleted it from my phone.

All of these things far outweigh my two pet peeves about the Bold -- the need to reboot with app installs and way IMAP messages are't properly marked read.

Now, I am very much looking forward to a OS10 phone with the Bold form factor. In the mean time I will enjoy my Bold 9930 with OS7 and Playbook.
    lball0105 likes this.
    04-05-12 09:01 PM
    I've been on iOS and Android as well, but when I tried my first BlackBerry I was hooked! The keyboard, the OS and the apps, everything works! I don't like using it for a Media content (not saying its not good) i just think there's a device for your needs. I don't have any games on my BB, if I want to play a Game I'll use my Vita, if I want Music/Video - iPod and etc. Conclusion bought it cause its the Cellphone that can fulfill my needs. (Uff!, imagine writing all that on an iPhone or Android)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    04-05-12 10:00 PM
    I've been on palm products for the longest time. from their very first pda and their smart phones. a physical keyboard is a must for me. it is non-negotiable.

the ease and intuitive use of the email functions is also a big plus.

finally, I just don't like the idea of joining the bandwagon of iphone purchasers.

---------------------------

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook via Tapatalk
    04-05-12 10:11 PM
    BBOS
    Physical keyboard
    Battery life
    Color LED and profiles
    Bedside mode
    Durability
    Device size
    App switcher
    Keyboard shortcuts

Overall I respect the efficiency.
    04-05-12 10:58 PM
    I bought my first BlackBerry knowing just about nothing about smartphones. I didnt chose Android because I didn't know anything about it, I didn't buy iPhone because, well, everyone had one and so I went for BlackBerry. I picked up the best model they had at the time and am so happy with what I have now! (9800)

Sure, I'm a teen, and see all the others with games, but watching them text and screw up 15/20 words, is funny!

By all means, I'm not saying that iPhones&Androids aren't good, I just prefer BlackBerry!(:

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    04-05-12 11:45 PM
    Spoken Like A True Addict! Same reasons here...Love my 9900...No other phone compares to all these capabilities for business and @the speed! :-D

1. BB Mobile Conferencing
    2. Free/busy lookup (for attendees) in meeting invitations
    3. Ability to attach any type of file and any number of files to emails from anywhere in the menu system (e.g., I can be in the middle of writing an email and decide I want to attach a picture - I don't have to do it from the picture).
    4. I have a PlayBook and I've become used to Bridge ability.
    Last edited by Velize; 04-05-12 at 11:55 PM.
    04-05-12 11:50 PM
    BB was my first smartphone. We've ridden this crazy wave together and it has never let me down. I'm not opposed to using an iphone or android but I just prefer my BB.

Till death to one of us do we part!
    *Very Funny*---Yes til death!
    04-05-12 11:54 PM
    i bought my first and stuck with BB because simply put the BB is a command station not just a phone. Sure the IPhone and androids are great entertainment devices but they would never be able to keep up. i dont want youtube i want my paycheck! i have 5 different departments that have at minimum 3 points of contact that im emailing all night. while thats going on i have 3 seperate chat groups going for internal on the fly functions going on. while both of those are going on i have 13 guys directly under me taking direction via SMS/bbm/email and displacing new staff as needed all at the same time. thats just something the "cooler" devices cant handle! and i dont have a wonder phone, i have the tour9630 but blackberry is so consistent that i could replace my phone with a side scroll and pick up right where i left off. consistency is a good thing. not always the most exciting but always consistent. if you havent figured out what makes your BB superior to entertainment devices then your probably not pushing it to its capabilities.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    You are spot on! I think that is the BlackBerry point! 'Command Center' and everything you just mentioned are what a lot of people do not recognize--you can do so much w/this little device its crazy---like yourself--i have email,text,group central on my phone--different groups-for different contacts for specific business interactions-that correspond with different emails-for 2 different businesses---all w/different calendars (my fav)..the OS works perfect for me-all along with organizing my personal life-it is simply the best business tool...And not many extra apps are even needed--they really end up being a distraction...I prefer my 'little command center' over an entertainment center..I have Pandora, BBM music, Maps,SpeedNotes, FixmoTOols, GoogleVoice, LED indicator(great for caller/txt/email ID),weather app, and that's about it--not into billion apps for wasting time or games...Cheers :-D
    04-06-12 12:13 AM
    Best business smartphone/life organizer/i can do more on this and faster sometimes than at desk....the emailing/texting/group txt/PIN messaging/Security-like no other/10 emails(I have 5)/can manage appointments with different calendars...etc,etc..only addItional apps I have and need-spEed notes,google voice,bberrymaps,googlemaps,weather app ,fixmotools, and LED indicator app--all just nice little extras--but can live without if necceSsary--and yes Pandora,BBM Music-need good music on train while emailing-lolz..
    1st bberry 8310-still love that oldie...
    Sent from my BOLD9900-
    Last edited by Velize; 04-06-12 at 12:54 AM.
    04-06-12 12:30 AM
    The reason I bought a BlackBerry over a Android or a iphone 4S is because I wanted a solid communications device and not a toy. I'm 30 so I tend not to play a lot of games or download a lot of apps. I need quality calling, email and text messaging, that's why I love my 9930.
    04-06-12 12:59 AM
    It is what my employer had been standardized on for years and not changing anytime soon. I use my work BB and my wife has her second BB. She went from a feature phone to her first BB and now her second. The physical keyboard, battery life, and simplicity is why she has been on BB. Now she bridges her PB to it.

If I was in the market for a new phone I would probably try a Windows phone. Not really interested in the other two. I have an iPAD for work as well but my personal Playbook gets way more use. (my kids prefer the iPAD because of the apps, my niece 6yrs old has an ipad as well.)
    04-06-12 01:10 AM
    I bought one so that I could find a nice place on the web to constantly compare my device to whatever device every person and their mother is buying, or whatever else is the "next big thing."

Err...wait...I don't think that's quite right.

(My 9930 and Playbook do what I need them to do, when I need them to do it. Reliably, securely, and look snazzy doing it )
    04-06-12 01:35 AM
    There is no Crackberry if you have an iPhone.
    spark432 likes this.
    04-06-12 01:43 AM
    Well, I like how BBOS works. Its efficient. Bold has the best physical keyboard I've used on a phone I've ever used. I am more productive when I'm on my BB. I can do all the things I need to do faster on the BB. I previously used an iPhone for a few years, I used to work in retail selling Apple products. I've never used a BB prior to the iPhone, but once i first got my Bold 9000, i've never found a reason to look back. Whenever i try to use an iPhone i et frustrated, even if it was for a few minutes, just because i can't do what i want as quickly as i could on a BB. The less time i need to spend on my phone, the more time i have to do other things. BB works best for me, and that's that.
    04-06-12 01:51 AM
    Well ...
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOMTnLHDWRA[/YT]
    04-06-12 02:03 AM
    Because BlackBerry is much much more reliable IMHO. And I don't use apps not like other people. I'm just glad that I have email, BBM and Browser now. I'm 19 yrs old using BB for 2 1/2 years and going stronger.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    04-06-12 02:14 AM
    Why you got a bb ?
    Every time I renew my handset/contract I review my requirements - these are split into mandatory, strongly preferred, nice to have, and unimportant

Got a 9900 in October 2011 to replace my 9700 (the battery was knackered) - renewed with my usual carrier (Orange UK) because I managed to haggle a load of extras using the loyalty angle (eg they beat O2 & Vodafone on price vs goodies)

an excerpt from my requirements document.....

Handset specs....

Mandatory:
    • security, encryption, encrypted backups etc
    • keyboard I can type quickly and accurately on
    • excellent email
    • UMA / GAN (I messed up a little here - as Orange UK has still not issued 7.1)
    • Works with Parrot and BlueAnt car kits
    • Robust handset (I am always dropping technology)
    • Decent battery life (dropped the ball here - the 9900 with 7.0 is appalling by historic Bold standards)

Strongly Preferred:
    • Ability to use as emergency dongle
    • Ability to stream music over BT to external speakers
    • Ability to plug handset into car stereo to play music
    • Bridge / Tether to PlayBook
    • Specific Apps I use a lot - eg Metro, Independent, Bloomberg

Nice to Have (but can live without):
    • Decent Mapping / GPS functionality to help me navigate (whilst walking) around unknown cities (especially European ones) - nope, the mapping functionality is still pants!
    • Some word-style games (eg WordMole)
    • Scrabble
    • SugarSync (or similar)
    • NFC payments

Contract specs....

Mandatory:
    • 1000+ mobile minutes
    • Unlimited UK Landline
    • At least 500Mb Data (for any Data Use)
    • A reasonable bundle of texts - eg 250+
    • Next Day (or day after) courier replacement

Strongly Preferred:
    • Free calling with other company phones (eg Orange 'Magic Numbers')
    • Free calling with other friends on Orange (eg Orange 'Magic Numbers')

In Hindsight? Wish I had stayed with my 9700 and just bought a new battery.... Why? Because I still have no UMA/GAN (Orange UK has still not released 7.1), and according to friends the new WiFi calling is nowhere near as good as the old UMA/GAN. When the BB9900 is doing all the stuff it was advertised to do, and the battery life is hugely improved, THEN the 9900 will be the right handset for me!

None of the Android or iPhone handsets I researched came close to meeting my requirements
    04-06-12 08:03 AM
    I already have an iPhone, just fancied a BB because most of my friends have it for BBM and iPhone doesnt have bluetooth transfer so thats one reason
    04-06-12 08:12 AM
    You are spot on! I think that is the BlackBerry point! 'Command Center' and everything you just mentioned are what a lot of people do not recognize--you can do so much w/this little device its crazy---like yourself--i have email,text,group central on my phone--different groups-for different contacts for specific business interactions-that correspond with different emails-for 2 different businesses---all w/different calendars (my fav)..the OS works perfect for me-all along with organizing my personal life-it is simply the best business tool...And not many extra apps are even needed--they really end up being a distraction...I prefer my 'little command center' over an entertainment center..I have Pandora, BBM music, Maps,SpeedNotes, FixmoTOols, GoogleVoice, LED indicator(great for caller/txt/email ID),weather app, and that's about it--not into billion apps for wasting time or games...Cheers :-D

ABSOLUTELY!!! whats the biggest difference between the BB, android and the IPhone?... if u walk out of the house without ur android/IPhone, u left ur phone behind. if u leave the house without ur BB, u left ur life behind! efficiency in life and business is the byproduct of pushing the BB to its limits.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    04-06-12 08:50 AM
    Tried Android an iphones so many times in the past. My wife is rockin' her 4s. She gave me her 3gs which I like better than the 4s. It's the interface that bugs me. IMO, Blackberry just simply works. Storm>Storm 2>Torch 9800>currently using both 9930 & 9810 w/BB Playbook. BBs interface makes more sense to me and I'm more comfortable with it.

The only thing RIM need to do is work as hard as they can to get more app support to market. Not so much for myself. I am content with what I have. It's for the rest of the app junkies out there.
    Last edited by schlemer67; 04-06-12 at 10:38 AM. Reason: spelling
    04-06-12 10:36 AM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD