Why you got a bb ?
    04-05-12 11:38 AM
    I can explain why I would never buy another BlackBerry. Does that work?
    04-05-12 11:40 AM
    Oh goodie. A comparison thread. These always end well.
    04-05-12 11:41 AM
    I can explain why I would never buy another BlackBerry. Does that work?
    I'm not sure what your trying to get out of a post like this other then conflict.
    04-05-12 11:42 AM
    I bought a blackberry because i like the keyboard it serves my needs. I like to text chat facebook twitter and listening to the radio. I also like the simplicity of its menu. I ve tried other phones and they are great. Great apps, super fast but i just couldnt get used to their overwhelming set ups. Icons everywhere its like a big messy screen. But thats just MY opinion and why I dont buy other phones
    Last edited by Elyssa_38; 04-05-12 at 11:52 AM.
    04-05-12 11:48 AM
    Referring to my previous post, this will not end well.

My prediction is that this thread will be short lived.
    04-05-12 11:49 AM
    I predict there are already 100 threads on here with the same subject.
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    04-05-12 11:54 AM
    I predict there are already 100 threads on here with the same subject.
    No way! A comparison thread?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-05-12 11:58 AM
    I've tried the rest but gravatated toward the best. I'm not into games (iOS); I didn't like the fact that with Android you have tooooooo many OS versions; and frankly, BB phones and tablet is the better designed. BB OS, to me, is a stable, robust and long term platform to conduct business; write; create; and stay connected. At this point I do not see my switching to another platform.
    04-05-12 12:00 PM
    i bought my first and stuck with BB because simply put the BB is a command station not just a phone. Sure the IPhone and androids are great entertainment devices but they would never be able to keep up. i dont want youtube i want my paycheck! i have 5 different departments that have at minimum 3 points of contact that im emailing all night. while thats going on i have 3 seperate chat groups going for internal on the fly functions going on. while both of those are going on i have 13 guys directly under me taking direction via SMS/bbm/email and displacing new staff as needed all at the same time. thats just something the "cooler" devices cant handle! and i dont have a wonder phone, i have the tour9630 but blackberry is so consistent that i could replace my phone with a side scroll and pick up right where i left off. consistency is a good thing. not always the most exciting but always consistent. if you havent figured out what makes your BB superior to entertainment devices then your probably not pushing it to its capabilities.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dubs0033; 04-05-12 at 12:14 PM.
    plh121 likes this.
    04-05-12 12:05 PM
    Too many active brain cells to use iPhone

I'm not interested in the latest 'gotta-have-it' malware on android phones
    up488 likes this.
    04-05-12 12:07 PM
    Too many active brain cells to use iPhone

I'm not interested in the latest 'gotta-have-it' malware on android phones
    So people that use iPhones are dumb? Come on man, I am not an iPhone guy but that is a low blow to iPhone users.

BBs are nice because the native messenging and notification software work in harmony (& can be improved by Be buzz). BBs have excellent battery life and good call quality. They do an excellent job managing data usage and have solid native email and calendar applications.
    04-05-12 01:31 PM
    Wanted something different and functional.

Keyboard
    Notification Light
    Email
    Battery Life
    Great at organizing my life
    morganplus8 and Morty2264 like this.
    04-05-12 01:35 PM
    In before the lock!

I've been using BB's for over six years, and I like how they work right out of the box. I find the OS easy to use and get around. I love the keyboard and can't type on a touchscreen for crap. I don't use tons of apps. I don't do any of the things on a phone that everybody says the other phones do better than BB's. I don't like iPhone much, I don't like Android at all. Jury is out on Windows Phone, but I'm not crazy about what I've seen of it so far and I absolutely hated the one WinMo phone I had.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-05-12 01:38 PM
    1. BB Mobile Conferencing
    2. Free/busy lookup (for attendees) in meeting invitations
    3. Ability to attach any type of file and any number of files to emails from anywhere in the menu system (e.g., I can be in the middle of writing an email and decide I want to attach a picture - I don't have to do it from the picture).
    4. I have a PlayBook and I've become used to Bridge ability.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    04-05-12 01:38 PM
    Well, my company bought my first two. I bought these last two, because that's what I've always had.

My family has iPhones, and that's what I'd get if I were starting over. But that's like saying I'd live in Iowa and work in insurance if I were starting over. I'm not starting over, and I've figured out how to do what Blackberry does.

And, of course, because I'm RIM van Winkle. My family says I'm stuck in the 80's, but for technology I live about five years behind. It's 2007 for me right now, so I have NO complaints about blackberry. I'm sure by the time I catch up this ugly period will be behind us.
    04-05-12 02:07 PM
    BBM, OS is easier to navigate, dont trust apple products, didnt like the look or feel of the 4 android phones I tested and wanted a decent touchscreen with a trustworthy OS - forums around the world had recommendations for the 9380 Curve and upon testing it on my contract renewal date, I went for it instantly. The phone is SPOT ON, I wouldn't swap it for the world, in spite of not having video call ability. I'd recommend this phone to ANYONE looking at a BB phone. Also, the tethering function for internet on the move, the USB charging and the easy to use backup ability on blackberry protect is a bonus too. Only downside I can find is startup time when you are forced to reboot after installation/uninstallation of a program.
    04-05-12 02:29 PM
    Probably since I was exposed to BlackBerry for extended periods of time (people I knew and trusted had those devices); and because I liked the benefits of the phone (QWERTY keyboard, internet access, hardware design). But when I think about it, I could've bought an Android for similar reasons: I like the hardware, internet and wi-fi access, and other reasons (I'd enjoy trying to adapt to touchscreen).

I don't think I was against any of the other brands when I chose to buy a BlackBerry - I just didn't know much about the other brands; and since I knew more about the BlackBerry and had done my research on it, that was the brand I wanted. Now, however, after doing more research on smartphones in general, I would either stick with BlackBerry or get an Android later on. I think both brands are great. iPhones are cool, too; but admittedly I would rather spend money on BlackBerry or Android.
    04-05-12 02:38 PM
    I like the keyboard and trackpad more than a touch screen, but the #1 reason why I bought a BB has got to be BlackBerry Messenger.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using my .
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-05-12 02:54 PM
    So people that use iPhones are dumb? Come on man, I am not an iPhone guy but that is a low blow to iPhone users.

BBs are nice because the native messenging and notification software work in harmony (& can be improved by Be buzz). BBs have excellent battery life and good call quality. They do an excellent job managing data usage and have solid native email and calendar applications.
    (Referring to the post vtpmt81 quoted) Sometimes I really wish CB forums would hide quoted posts from users on my ignore list. This is one of those times.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-05-12 02:59 PM
    2 reasons:

1) Im all about action not distraction
    2) I need tools not toys

(back to watching TV)
    04-05-12 03:24 PM
    My first blackberry was a Pearl. I liked that weird keyboard and how small it was, and I liked the trackball. I was coming from a sidekick3, and used both a Motorola SLVR and the Pearl at the same time, the Motor for talking, and the BlackBerry for web and text and stuff. I then got tired of paying at&t for the SLVR usage and bought the 8800 on Tmobile and that was my first true BlackBerry experience, as the large keyboard and voicecalls are some of BlackBerry strengths, and the 8800 was, at the time, the best phone you could get.

I never looked back after that. I don't play games on my phone. I sometimes am convinced that I'd probably even be okay with a camera-less phone again, like the 8800. I like the simplicity in the BlackBerry OS, and have been using the same shortcuts for stuff for 5 years or so on BlackBerry.

My BlackBerry has never let me down. I've always gotten every email, the native apps like BlackBerry Traffic help me in my everyday life. I'm sure iPhones and Androids have similar apps, but I'm not interested in those devices at all. BlackBerry still have keyboards that I love and everything is how I'm used to using it. I also think RIM makes great looking devices, and I'd say that the Bold 9900 is one of the best looking phones there is.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-05-12 03:31 PM
    It's like this i prefer Belgium beer to English. I prefer dark chocolate to milk. I prefer soccer to rugby. I prefer BlackBerry products. To others out there, because it suits me!
    I'm not into games or apps, strange but I want a phone to communicate with people.
    Enough said!
    up488 likes this.
    04-05-12 04:14 PM
    BB was my first smartphone. We've ridden this crazy wave together and it has never let me down. I'm not opposed to using an iphone or android but I just prefer my BB.

Till death to one of us do we part!
    04-05-12 04:24 PM
    It leaves me free to get more work done. It keeps me connected to all my friends and family, and it does it well.
    04-05-12 06:29 PM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD