Not sure of the percentage, but most cell phones I see in Toronto have a case surrounding it. So, I imagine for most people glass or plastic doesn't really matter. The Z30 for me is by far the best feeling phone in the hand. I also love the Apple build, but holding the iPhone compared to z30 feels like a little toy. I know that offends some, but it's just a fact for me. Of course, if Apple were to make a bigger phone, the story would be completely different.

Posted via CB10
    one of my complaint with iPhone is they dont have larger screen size phone, that is one of the reason i use android phone besides i always love to use different platforms.
    Mihal Shopofolives likes this.
    01-20-14 10:42 PM
    Ok im going to say this again since it got lost in the off discussion of glass: EDUCATIONAL APPS are PRIMARILY iOS based! In order to complete most assignments students have to have the apps the schools require that arent on BB. FORGET sideloading when you have a paper with tons of scholarly research needed! Andoid comes in a distant second, so you can figure where BB is in the education arena

Sent from my Note 3
    avt123 likes this.
    01-20-14 11:14 PM
    maybe it just you...but from many smartphone users especially my friend and brother they always says they like holding Blackberry and find it they dont feel iPhone slip from their hand, just like other phone
    Never said it slips, it just always makes me paranoid. The iPhone 5s feels too thin and slippery (because of the matte finish) and my old iPhone 4S had me scared every moment I had a case off because I did not want to crack the glass, there is more peace of mind in holding a BlackBerry device to me... Maybe because it's a Q and it's fitted for your hand.
    01-21-14 12:37 AM
    I just want to thank TheoRadu for doing some real empirical research into cameras and the glass-weave backing.
    01-21-14 02:41 AM
    Well I'm only 21 been using blackberry for years I've had a 8520, 9320, 9790, 9900, Z10 and now a Q10 and I don't see any problems with BlackBerry at all and don't see why the youth shouldn't use it, I use them for the physical keyboard though on the Z10 was the best touch keyboard I had ever used, I hope Chen can turn things around as BlackBerry has a lot more to offer than hardcore apple and android users think

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat and rudyalexc like this.
    01-21-14 05:46 AM
    I know someone that owns an iPhone5 that the aluminum shell is bent on. Phone still works but I laughed when I saw it. I think he has gone through about 4 different iPhones since I have known him in a year and a half.

Not only that but the full aluminum does make NFC implementation difficult.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 07:49 AM
    Wait for the completion of the software (BlackBerry os10)... then you will find the answer.

I'm stuck in BlackBerry 10 since I bought it... I tried going back to android, bought nexus 4 & 5, I tried my sister's i5s and it just doesn't want me to let go of my z10 and it's not even done. Some changes are on the works on the software side.
    One reason I could say is the... (yes) the keyboard, another is the swipe gesture.

Cam? I don't take selfies and duck face.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 09:24 AM
    Wait for the completion of the software (BlackBerry os10)... then you will find the answer.

I'm stuck in BlackBerry 10 since I bought it... I tried going back to android, bought nexus 4 & 5, I tried my sister's i5s and it just doesn't want me to let go of my z10 and it's not even done. Some changes are on the works on the software side.
    One reason I could say is the... (yes) the keyboard, another is the swipe gesture.

Posted via CB10
    And when will bb10 be complete?
    01-21-14 03:34 PM
    And when will bb10 be complete?
    Soon.
    01-21-14 03:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    What? It's been out a year. What needs to be completed for it to all of a sudden become popular with the the youth of today?

Cam. Yes, a phone camera is only used for selfies and duck face. I can see the BlackBerry executives high five-ing each other while making a statement like that in one of their meetings before the bottom fell out.
    01-21-14 04:13 PM
560 ... 212223