This is the response I got yesterday when I picked up my new 9850. There are many threads like this on here and why blackberry is no responding to this I don't know why? I not a blackberry fan boy but come on there is nothing wrong with their devices to get so much negativity. Granted I can do more with an apple or android but what I want is in a blackberry plain and simple!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 10:02 AM
    We've heard this so many times and it's so sad, really. Every customer is entitled to the device of their choice.
    Neely2005 likes this.
    10-18-11 10:07 AM
    Granted I can do more with an apple or android but what I want is in a blackberry plain and simple!
    We've heard this so many times and it's so sad, really. Every customer is entitled to the device of their choice.
    ^^ What Laura said.

And to say you can do more with Apple or Android is subjective, but may be the case for you. But I know what you mean, it's so discouraging when you go into Verizon (or any other store) and they try to talk you out of it. Even friends/co-workers do the same thing.

Oh well, I'm enjoying my 9930 after 2 years away from BB.
    10-18-11 10:23 AM
    Really starting to hate the culture of business. Forget about satisfying the customer, lets do something that gets the best commission...
    10-18-11 10:31 AM
    being a BlackBerry fan I am armed with the responses when a sales person says "Why would you want a BlackBerry"

quickly I retort:
    Well when I travel outside of the country the BlackBerry Data is about 1/3rd-1/4th the data used by other smartphones, so it's money in my pocket
    My friends and family use BBM, and without BBM I'd be subject to international texting charges
    (For me) The BlackBerry Keyboard is by far the best keyboard on the market
    (For me) BlackBerry Travel is an App I don't want to remember a time without

Then I usually will talk about not wanting to use Google Services, or Not wanting iTunes, or what every the Anti is to the phone they are trying to push that week
    Neely2005 and newcollector like this.
    10-18-11 10:42 AM
    I like the sleak professional look. I don't really play video games and all that on my phone so the iPhone just wasn't for me. I use a lot of data for emails and internet.

10-18-11 10:45 AM
    It is whatever fits your lifestyle. I know when I search around for phones, most sales people try and sell me on the latest and greatest Android and talk about how great the specs are, same goes for Apple too. I believe it fits their life style the best but it doesn't for everyone. I've tried them all and the Blackberry suits my needs the best. I believe the more emails and messages you receive on your Blackberry, the more this device shines(I'm not talking about a few dozen emails a day, more like a few hundred a day). Every device has their advantages and disadvantages. And the international data is also a huge plus as already mentioned by deRussett, I can keep data on everywhere I travel and not have to look for wifi to use my phone without worrying about a massive bill at the end of the month. I don't even bother changing any of my settings, it is a big savings at the end of the day.

Whatever suits your lifestyle!
    Neely2005 likes this.
    10-18-11 10:58 AM
    Some dont realize that people have a brain and can decide for themselves on devices that suit their needs and not buying phones because they are "cool" and "everybody has one!"

Everytime i get this question, I clearly state valid reasons why I prefer Blackberry over iPhone or Android (long battery life, led notifications, heavy email/texting, customization, etc..) and I have yet for someone to tell me those devices can do them better.

I always get the response: "But its an iPhone/Android! Everybody has one! It has apps!"
    Neely2005 and Jake Storm like this.
    10-18-11 11:09 AM
    This is the response I got yesterday when I picked up my new 9850. There are many threads like this on here and why blackberry is no responding to this I don't know why? I not a blackberry fan boy but come on there is nothing wrong with their devices to get so much negativity. Granted I can do more with an apple or android but what I want is in a blackberry plain and simple!

Yeah I hear this from time to time too. I usually reply with:

These are my requirements for a mobile phone:

Physical Keyboard
    Great Phone Call Quality
    Great Battery Life
    Great Email
    Great Security
    Great Instant Messaging
    Lowest Possible Data Use (Data Compression)

For my needs BlackBerry can Not be beat.

They usually then go on about how those things aren't important to them. Which of course totally misses my point of what is important to me.
    10-18-11 11:17 AM
    10-18-11 11:27 AM
    Because Blackberry mobiles looks very stylish and due to this I prefer Blackberry. And the applications are also very fast in response.
    Last edited by kellybbrook; 10-18-11 at 02:01 PM.
    10-18-11 01:56 PM
    Some dont realize that people have a brain and can decide for themselves on devices that suit their needs and not buying phones because they are "cool" and "everybody has one!"

Everytime i get this question, I clearly state valid reasons why I prefer Blackberry over iPhone or Android (long battery life, led notifications, heavy email/texting, customization, etc..) and I have yet for someone to tell me those devices can do them better.

I always get the response: "But its an iPhone/Android! Everybody has one! It has apps!"
    Actually, with features like BBM being touted as a reason to get a Blackberry, "everybody has one" is a legitimate selling point. I had exactly 2 BBM contacts with my Curve. Now I have iMessage, I expect that to grow exponentially each day.
    10-18-11 02:20 PM
    Actually, with features like BBM being touted as a reason to get a Blackberry, "everybody has one" is a legitimate selling point. I had exactly 2 BBM contacts with my Curve. Now I have iMessage, I expect that to grow exponentially each day.
    BBM is not the only reason people still have Blackberrys. I dont even use BBM.

With unlimited texts/twitter/facebook etc.. becoming so popular, phone-to-phone messaging is not really a feature anymore.
    10-18-11 02:30 PM
    keep us updated on that.
    10-18-11 04:56 PM
    Unlimited texting is not becoming popular worldwide and the US is just a fraction of world smart phone users now and will only become a smaller fraction as everyone else continues to get them.
    Texting country to country in the EU is expensive enough(3.2 KC to most EU countries- about 20 cents
    per message), Data is even more brutal. 30KC(about 1.75usd) per mb when i leave the czech borders.

I pay 1.6KC- or about 9 cents per SMS message inside the Czech republic. EVERY MESSAGE. This is with a contract plan. However, i pay 300 KC, or about 18 USD for UNLIMITED BB data with no FUP. No other platform but BB has this deal without FUP @ 2.5gb or so. They are generally more expensive also.
    With a 250mb eurodata package for about 25 bucks i can use BBM, gmaps, have unlimited email in every EU country without going over 250mb when i travel because of BB's compression. This is huge. Money saved, in my pocket because of BB. Contacting my friends and family in the US, Mexico, U.K, Canada and Australia? No problem. Free BBM to stay in touch every day.

Being able to send/Recieve nice voice notes to my family/SO in the USA is insanely nice, as well as pictures and just generally shooting the **** no differently than if i were in CONUS. One Text to the US costs 12Kc, or about 66 cents. That would add up pretty quick.

There is absolutely no viable alternative that gives me the instant cross world link like BB and BBM.

Much of the world knows this and once they use BBM, save money and see how nice it is they become BB addicts.
    Fatoomah and Jake Storm like this.
    10-18-11 05:09 PM
    being a BlackBerry fan I am armed with the responses when a sales person says "Why would you want a BlackBerry"

quickly I retort:
    Well when I travel outside of the country the BlackBerry Data is about 1/3rd-1/4th the data used by other smartphones, so it's money in my pocket
    My friends and family use BBM, and without BBM I'd be subject to international texting charges
    (For me) The BlackBerry Keyboard is by far the best keyboard on the market
    (For me) BlackBerry Travel is an App I don't want to remember a time without

Then I usually will talk about not wanting to use Google Services, or Not wanting iTunes, or what every the Anti is to the phone they are trying to push that week
    I agree that Blackberry Travel is a great app! Per fect for emailed confirmations you receive!
    10-18-11 05:20 PM
    I hope Blackberry reps scan these forums, becuase this is really how they can learn what's killing thier reputation, not that their not contributing themselves...

When I bought my 9810, the rep at the store tried discouraging me several times, against getting a BB. He stated that many many come back and....I am happy I didn't listen, I love BB and the 9810 is excellent.

Also a UPS driver jumped in, stating that he returns more BBs than any other device.

Really hope they fix things over at RIM, because they too.
    10-18-11 05:29 PM
    Agreed with an above post. Everyone is entitled to what they want; if it's in one device and not another, there's an obvious choice.
    10-18-11 05:33 PM
    ^^ What Laura said.

And to say you can do more with Apple or Android is subjective, but may be the case for you. But I know what you mean, it's so discouraging when you go into Verizon (or any other store) and they try to talk you out of it. Even friends/co-workers do the same thing.

Oh well, I'm enjoying my 9930 after 2 years away from BB.
    I have to agree with this. Saying "I can do more" is a rather silly argument, as "what you can do" heavily depends on what you actually need your phone to do.

I realize this is about BlackBerrys, but take Siri on the iPhone 4S for example. Can a BlackBerry replicate Siri perfectly? No (or at least I don't think there's an app for BB as deeply integrated in to the OS). But does it matter to me? No, because I find it rather pointless, I know I'd never use it. Therefore, it's not a matter of whether or not BB can do it, but rather I don't really want it to, so it isn't a factor to me.

tl;dr Just get what makes you happy.
    10-18-11 05:38 PM
    I'd just tell the salesperson to save it and activate the device please. In fact I got my 9930 off the VZ website. Unboxed it, called in and activated it using their system. Better experience without some 20 year old kid hassling me over my choice. I will probably not buy any more devices in store

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-18-11 05:58 PM
    Also a UPS driver jumped in, stating that he returns more BBs than any other device.
    I wonder if he knew about the BB trade-up program...
    10-18-11 08:05 PM
    Like, how would he even really know??
    10-19-11 10:15 AM
    This is why you want a Blackberry......

The BlackBerry's preserve - The Bing Blog
    10-19-11 11:01 AM
    I hope Blackberry reps scan these forums, becuase this is really how they can learn what's killing thier reputation, not that their not contributing themselves...

When I bought my 9810, the rep at the store tried discouraging me several times, against getting a BB. He stated that many many come back and....I am happy I didn't listen, I love BB and the 9810 is excellent.

Really hope they fix things over at RIM, because they too.
    Hows does he know whats inside the box? I'm callin BS!!
    10-19-11 11:46 AM
    Hows does he know whats inside the box? I'm callin BS!!
    Don't know about the accuracy of the UPS guy's statement, but it is possible that he would know what is going back without opening the box.
    10-19-11 11:57 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD