I'm not willing to pay $300-500 for a phone. The 9650 is stable at this point, and price is right.

I don't mind the old tech. I used my phone as a computer replacement. I'm getting a computer.

The 9930 isn't stable enough for me to be comfortable. I'll get it when it's obsolete too, and free.
    Chrisy,
    I would strongly suggest the 9900/9930. Its perfectly stable. I browse a lot and am a heavy user and I have had no issues from the phone.
    Buying the 9650, you would just be setting yourself up for disappointment, and you would end up wreaking your vengeance here on BB. Coming from an Android you would enjoy the 9900 experience. The 9650 has issues as well and OS 6 is not as snappy and pleasing.
    Just my opionion though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-11 07:41 AM
    I went with BB from an iphone 4 cause of the keyboard, and bbm. Also I find using sms and email easier on BB. The 9900 drew me back to Blackberry lol

11-21-11 07:49 AM
    Chrisy,
    I would strongly suggest the 9900/9930. Its perfectly stable. I browse a lot and am a heavy user and I have had no issues from the phone.
    Buying the 9650, you would just be setting yourself up for disappointment, and you would end up wreaking your vengeance here on BB. Coming from an Android you would enjoy the 9900 experience. The 9650 has issues as well and OS 6 is not as snappy and pleasing.
    Just my opionion though.

Since I don't have an upgrade available the 9930 would cost me $300-500. That device also wouldn't be under warranty so if it had issues I couldn't exchange through VZW. Like I said, there is no way I'm paying that much for a phone.

I had the 9630 so I know what to expect from the 9650. I used my phone for internet and the browser sucks on OS6 and below devices. I know that. I have a laptop coming tomorrow and I'll not be using my phone my main source of internet anymore.

I traded my Thunderbolt for the 9650 and for some cash. In my opinion, that's a really good deal. Free 9650, plus cash.

The 9650 isn't as good as the newer OS7 devices and I dont expect it to be. But it is more stable, has apps compatible for it, themes, and great battey life. The same cannot be said for the 9930 right now.

I wouldn't get the 9930 right now even if I did have an upgrade to use. I will wait til the cost goes down, mobile Hotspot is enable and the rebooting issues is solved.
    11-21-11 07:56 AM
    I'd recommend the 9700. The 9650 is a good phone for getting things done too.
    11-21-11 07:58 AM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    the question is why wouldn't i buy a blackberry?

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +10000000000

11-21-11 08:02 AM
    I bought a blackberry because it was what I wanted in a smartphone. I am satisfied and have gotten to know every single dysfunction and feature that it has, including the cons and pros. It's like your best friend, or your brother, or your pet.

11-21-11 09:31 AM
    I'm really liking the Samsung Note. I know its more for gadget value than any specific work function I'm missing on my BB.
    But its all touch and huge.
    Waiting for the BBX phone to quench my gadget thirst. Will have to have the 9900 around as primary though. Only a QWERTY replaces the 9900.

11-21-11 10:55 AM
    The only reason why i use a blackberry is because of Bbm
    11-21-11 12:06 PM
    Reasons to buy a blackberry..

The email is peerless.
    The interface is very simple yet highly customizable.
    Alerts, ringtone customization, make it the best messaging device on the market.

Edit:

Forgot about compressed data, and bbm (if your friends still have blackberries)
    Last edited by brucep1; 11-21-11 at 12:10 PM.
    11-21-11 12:07 PM
    Why would you buy a blackberry or playbook?
    I buy BlackBerry's because they have THE BEST keyboard on the market, typing is what I do, I take less than 100 pictures a month, and I'd say a good 50% of them are of stupid stuff that gets deleted after being sent, so that cuts even less, I browse the internet maybe 1h a day, and when I'm browsing I'm typing, I twitter, and really I only twitter because of BlackBerry, I hate the webpage, and tweetdeck, but love the Native BB twitter client, and I BBM and email, everything I do revolves around text entry, BlackBerry is the tops for that.

I purchased a PlayBook because I wanted a Bigger screen for pictures, PDF's and Excel files, and the PlayBook delivered in spades within the first week of owning it, I have since re learned the fun of playing games rather then working when I'm on a plane with the PlayBook, and I'm starting to put video's on the PlayBook as well more and more, it has certainly helped with my work life balance, being 80:20 now over the 90:10 I used to be ya for Play!.

there are other little reasons, but those are what primarily lead me to purchasing my personal devices.
    11-21-11 12:17 PM
    Reasons to buy a blackberry..

The email is peerless.
    The interface is very simple yet highly customizable.
    Alerts, ringtone customization, make it the best messaging device on the market.

Edit:

Forgot about compressed data, and bbm (if your friends still have blackberries)

if they don't they aren't friends anymore
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-21-11 12:17 PM
    For once, I'll not quote anyone. Furthermore, I'll not explain the real reasons (keyboard, usage, security).

I think RIM is exclusive, apple is for masses and Droids for kids or geeks.
    - Being an apple fan is not anymore trendy, it's mass consumption. Sticking wit BB is rebel side !!!
    - Using Droid ... well, 20 years backwards, I'll certainly have time to play around, but now ... it's not funny to me anymore.

This is a very tendentious thinking ! But you know what ? I feel muuuch better
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-21-11 at 12:28 PM.
    11-21-11 12:25 PM
    best keyboard, fine operating system, not as gadgety as other phones.. but its a phone to me not a swiss army knife.
    11-21-11 12:37 PM
    It's Android, not Droid. And I'm not a kid or geek!
    11-21-11 12:44 PM
    soon, it will be like alien. the phones will be shells. we will have our BB chips installed in our brains then just hold the empty shell and the phone will activate with the built in nfc. like when Ripley(sigourney weaver) stepped into that exoskeleton to fight. it will be so cool! for now, the 9900 is awesome!
    11-21-11 05:31 PM
    It's Android, not Droid. And I'm not a kid or geek!
    It was my "oMG did I wrote that ?" unfair, partial, abusive but sooo relaxing post of the month .
    11-22-11 05:57 AM
    So a lot of people come back or stay because of the keyboard i see. Best keyboard of all time. For the business people, i cant imagine them typing loads of email on a touch screen, it may get annoying.

11-22-11 09:06 AM
    Why would you buy a blackberry or playbook?

PS- im also fed up with the price drop with the playbook and no compensation!
    Tell that to the early buyers of the HP TouchPad and see if they have any sympathy for you.
    11-22-11 10:50 PM
    Tell that to the early buyers of the HP TouchPad and see if they have any sympathy for you.
    Lol

11-22-11 10:52 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD