Why would you buy a blackberry or playbook?

Blackberry:
    Instant email and bbm. If you arent a business person you can use apple or android, they both have email apps, that works almost as good as RIM's push services. BBM is not even the cool thing anymore and they have many other programs like whatsapp, etc. that can be used instead of texting.

Playbook:
    other than its browser w/ flash there isnt anything the playbook can do that others cant. it has amazing hardware but the software is not great at all. why would any business buy this tablet when it doesnt even have email app? RIM is promising BBX but they also promised a great product when it came out, and it wasnt anything they said it would be.

I just wanted to know everyone's thoughts on this issue. Why did you buy your RIM product? I personally like the keyboard on my bold 9930 but the touch screen keyboard would do as well. Honestly if i could go back and return this BB, i would and would hate to support apple with its iphone but it is better choice then any BB, IN MY OPINION. i want to know everyones take on this. Are you staying with BB, moving to apple/android/winmob? what are your friends getting?
    Most my friends are getting iphones right now, many have moved from BB. I love BB's but in reality RIM has not offered anything new for the past 2/3 years. Does anyone agree or disagree?

PS- im also fed up with the price drop with the playbook and no compensation!
    Last edited by nyplaya610; 11-20-11 at 03:56 PM.
    11-20-11 03:52 PM
    Why would you buy a blackberry or playbook?

PS- im also fed up with the price drop with the playbook and no compensation!
    You have no reason to complain, a lot of sellers offer 30 day price protection, and beyond that it is the price you pay for early adoption of products.

go QQ elsewhere
    11-20-11 04:02 PM
    Well okay, but u missed out the whole topic of the thread. I wanted to know y u bought ur BB/if u r staying with BB and what phones ur friends r buying?
    11-20-11 04:12 PM
    My Bold was selected because it does exactly what I need, neither more nor less. It has demonstrated durability and resistance to breaking, despite a few hair raising drops and impacts in 12 months of service. For my purposes BlackBerry does the job more economically and more efficiently than any of the competing systems. Putting it simply, my email consistently arrives within a few minutes even in areas with poor signal or when I am roaming away from home network. Battery life is adequate for normal use and I can use any USB power source for a quick top-up if necessary. Most important for me, data usage is about an order of magnitude less expensive than competing systems which is significant for profitability on overseas deployments.

On the other hand, I see it as a communications tool for business and family, not a multimedia replacement. If I have time to look at video I want a large screen (technical constraints mean I have to carry a laptop anyway), and if I'm on a long flight I will be eating or catching up on sleep, not playing pointless games an over-rated, under-size gadget.

With my requirement for notebook there is no reason to consider any tablet device. None of the current products can provide any added value.
    11-20-11 04:15 PM
    The question is why wouldn't I buy a blackberry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    TrespassersW likes this.
    11-20-11 04:17 PM
    My Blackberry products have always been reliable and long lasting and do everything I need them to do. Until that changes I see no need to switch to another brand.
    11-20-11 04:18 PM
    I'm going to BlackBerry because I like the device form factor, the smaller size. The LED, the OS, the battery life, physical keyboard.

I used to use my phones in place of a PC, but I'll be getting a laptop soon. So I don't need all the features of the Android anymore.

I now need better batter life and all the things I listed above.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...kberry-660650/
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-20-11 at 04:21 PM.
    11-20-11 04:19 PM
    I'm going to BlackBerry because I like the device form factor, the smaller size. The LED, the OS, the battery life, physical keyboard.

I used to use my phones in place of a PC, but I'll be getting a laptop soon. So I don't need all the features of the Android anymore.

you are correct, a lot of those games are useless. But there are a lot of apps that are very useful. the reasons u listed to keep the device are valid reasons, also a reason i stay with RIM. But OS7 is laggy and needs patches but they will come, its a young OS
    11-20-11 04:25 PM
    Yeah. I'm actually trading my Android for a 9650 which I think Is on OS6. I'm going to wait until the 9930 has a few OS upgrades so the bugs are worked out.

The iPhone 4s is a really nice device too. My parents use iphones. I also like the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
    11-20-11 04:28 PM
    yeah the new nexus coming out, seems very interesting.
    11-20-11 04:30 PM
    Well okay, but u missed out the whole topic of the thread. I wanted to know y u bought ur BB/if u r staying with BB and what phones ur friends r buying?
    Your title says "why would you" but above you ask why I did....sooooo....

I bought one because at the time I tried Android and that could be the worst phone experience I have had in the past 20 years. So much frustration and the battery is terrible. I went back to Blackberry because a year or so ago I wanted to have comfort knowing the phone would work. BB phones just work for email, calendar, and contact management.

I am going to be receiving an iPhone 4S soon because Blackberry is not giving me the tools I feel I need to progress my business in terms of apps and other nice benefits, like HDMI out and BT keyboard.

Hope that answers your questions.
    11-20-11 04:57 PM
    i hope when you get your iphone, you give us your experience with it.
    11-20-11 05:01 PM
    i hope when you get your iphone, you give us your experience with it.
    Here a great place to start if your looking for info on the iPhone...

http://www.tipb.com/?utm_source=topb...ar&utm_term=cb
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    11-20-11 05:09 PM
    To the OP, et al, if you can't use punctuation, correct grammar and spelling to illustrate your point or ask a question, that you want to be taken seriously by EVERYONE, when you know how to, don't get twisted undies when someone calls you on it. Grow some balls.

As far as why I bought a Blackberry. I'm a news junkie and Blackberry handles news and RSS very well. I am also a small business owner and communicate with most, not all though, of my clients mainly through Email. The initial contact is normally from a cold call after seeing my Yellow Pages listing, but Email is essential.

Blackberry Messenger is of no importance.

As far as the Playbook consideration goes, if it can't out do my laptop, I'm not interested.
    no one is getting twisted undies, this isn't a essay writing contest or anything close to it. if he didn't (or anyone) understand what i wrote, they could simply tell me that and i would correct it, not attack someone. that man is childish. but ok.

good point on the tablet note.
    11-20-11 05:14 PM
    Yeah. I'm actually trading my Android for a 9650 which I think Is on OS6. I'm going to wait until the 9930 has a few OS upgrades so the bugs are worked out.
    9650 is old technology, more or less obsolete now. You will find a much better range and more functionality in the more recent models - particularly if you are prepared to consider the non-Verizon devices which are more likely to have software upgrades.
    11-20-11 05:23 PM
    Because it manages my communications with loved ones better than anything else. Because I trust the platform not to sell my information or do any data mining. Because I like the OS, and expect it to continue to evolve. Because it has great profile and notification settings. Because it does what I need in a manner I like.
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    11-20-11 05:25 PM
    9650 is old technology, more or less obsolete now. You will find a much better range and more functionality in the more recent models - particularly if you are prepared to consider the non-Verizon devices which are more likely to have software upgrades.
    I'm not willing to pay $300-500 for a phone. The 9650 is stable at this point, and price is right.

I don't mind the old tech. I used my phone as a computer replacement. I'm getting a computer.

The 9930 isn't stable enough for me to be comfortable. I'll get it when it's obsolete too, and free.
    anon3396357 and rcheung135 like this.
    11-20-11 05:28 PM
    I have a blackberry for reliability and organization.. But buying a new blackberry is a good question. And I have been asking my self this as well.. I don't know if I will buy a new blackberry in the future..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-11 05:38 PM
    I'm not willing to pay $300-500 for a phone. The 9650 is stable at this point, and price is right.

I don't mind the old tech. I used my phone as a computer replacement. I'm getting a computer.

The 9930 isn't stable enough for me to be comfortable. I'll get it when it's obsolete too, and free.
    I hear ya! I'm not willing to blow so much cash for my phone nowadays. I used to do that, and it started with the BB fanatic in me. After a Curve 8520 I couldn't get enough of it and spent $500 on a Storm 2 (biggest mistake imo), lived with the bad decision for 6 months then took a loss selling it and bought the 9700 and got addicted once again. Sold it quickly and upgraded to the 9780 back then. While I'm still irritated that RIM has forgotten about its OS6 customers (where is the option to remove panels? don't tell me it needs a 1.2ghz processor to do that!), it's great at meeting my communication needs.

I'm tempted to get the Bold 9900 but the bricking/battery issues I hear have put me off. The most important thing is the price factor though - I'm not gonna spend a fortune for a device to simply make calls/send texts/emails.
    moiselles and Chrisy like this.
    11-20-11 07:07 PM
    I feel better about a purchase when I get a good deal. Also, I have bills to pay first. I was an early adoptor twice...never again.
    11-20-11 07:12 PM
    I like using them. They have what I need. I like the form factor and keyboard, notifications and ease of use.
    11-20-11 07:14 PM

I know I'm on your ignore list and you'll probably not see this post but didn't we argue about this a while ago?

Glad to see you're coming around to it lol, trying to do everything computing on one device was wrong and once you have a set of functions on a computer/laptop/notebook/tablet, having them on your phone as well doesn't make much sense and you find you never use them on it.

I have an HP Mini BeatsAudio notebook now, small, light and with 10 hours battery life on wifi.
    11-21-11 03:29 AM
    My answer is simple enough: Physical Keyboard.

It doesn't matter to a lot of people as they get accustomed to virtual keyboards, but I hated walking and typing while I was an iPhone & Android owner. Haptic feedback is a cheap solution. There are times I'm walking and typing with a BB and can type without looking, simply because I know where my buttons are.

BBM was never huge for me, and actually ended up becoming a source of frustration when it was immensely popular. When my little brother's friends were asking me about my BB pin, I knew it was getting run into the ground.

Android and iOS might be catching up in terms of Push, but they're nowhere near capable of what RIM has been doing. It's not reliable. Android rocks for GMail, and iOS is moody with its speed. And God forbid you ever have to refresh your email manually, or browse folders & labels, on either of those things.

My phone isn't just about all the other stuff it can do. My monthly bill is all about communication, so I'll stick with the more efficient device for my purposes.
    Last edited by Amen; 11-21-11 at 03:44 AM.
    11-21-11 03:41 AM
    Where you can get a device that allow you to set a different tone, volume level, vibrate on/off for each of your email account, notification reminder for incoming/miss call/unview email/sms/mms/BBM can be set different tone and different interval time? Only BB have it.
    11-21-11 06:45 AM
    I am happy with my Blackberry because it's a great mobile device for using it for communications such as text communication using the BBM or SMS and especially EMail..thanks to the great QWERTY keyboard of the new Blackberry Bold with OS7 i really enjoy it.

The secured data services networks allows me to enjoy fast service and secured use of data, also with Blackberry my data files and things i put on my phone stays secured and i can enjoy safe use with my Blackberry...

I have unlocked my Blackberry using Blackberry remote unlocking and it makes the phone usable with any mobile carrier so i use it often with pre-paid sim cards while i travel and i enjoy my Emails everywhere and can use the phone as a great phone.

Also it has all the things a nice mobile device needs to offer.
    11-21-11 07:25 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD