Comment!!!

Sent from BlackBerry Z10
    06-03-13 07:19 PM
    Why would BlackBerry Care?

Posted via Dec Alpha C
    D.Vader likes this.
    06-03-13 07:20 PM
    I think BlackBerry is more then just BBM. BB10 is more then just a phone.. its a lifestyle. lol
    06-03-13 07:28 PM
    I believe the curve line or q5 is going the gutter as bbry cannot compete with cheap android in eastern or western market.

For me it seems like a poor decision to make bbm cross platform.

Sent from BlackBerry Z10
    06-03-13 07:29 PM
    The amount of people buying Android phones and iPhones show that BBM is not a killer must have feature anymore, especially not with other cross platform alternatives like WhatsApp available. This move is for the opportunity of gaining mind share, the chance to get people talking about BlackBerry and BBM again. To possibly become THE instant messaging client available.

There's no guarantees of course. But it's better than keeping the status quo and not taking a chance at something different.
    06-03-13 07:34 PM
    BlackBerry is doing everything it possibly can to be sold.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    kevinnugent likes this.
    06-03-13 07:37 PM
    I doubt that most Android/iOS users who buy a BB10 phone do so primarily because of BBM. There are many more alternatives on those platforms.
    06-03-13 07:40 PM
    Even on the old Java OS there was a ton of people that didn't even use BBM... The founding implication of this question is flawed.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-03-13 07:42 PM
    I buy Blackberries because I love the platform....again. There was a time when I didn't like it and I started using an iPhone 4S and an SGIII as daily drivers.
    With the Z10 I'm back in love with the platform, and unless BlackBerry gets back to the days of going on autopilot, I will buy the next QNX device. Aside from the Aristo, which I'll begetting...I mean that I'll get the successor to the Z10.
    So, I like BlackBerries. I left it for other phones. Now I left those other phones and I use BlackBerry almost exclusivel; if it had Instagram I'd use it exclusively. BBM doesn't play into it at all.
    06-03-13 07:46 PM
    At this point, people who had planned to leave BB for iPhones or Android handsets are already doing so despite losing BBM. With the proliferation of dozens of cross platform IMs such as, Whatsapp, Viber, Line, KakaoTalk, Kik, and so on that compete readily with BBM, BB has practically nothing to lose at this point making BBM cross platform. Potentially something to gain by re-introducing the brand into people's minds.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Bbnivende, seacan2 and Bobcat665 like this.
    06-03-13 07:54 PM
    There are many apps that mimic BBM. It isn't something that is the deciding factor for everyone.
    06-03-13 08:00 PM
    I don't think it's BlackBerrys intention to get people to to come to the platform but to bring the platform to the people.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 08:05 PM
    The other features
    seacan2 likes this.
    06-03-13 08:06 PM
    You can sideload instagram it works fine
    06-03-13 08:09 PM
    I buy Blackberries because I love the platform....again. There was a time when I didn't like it and I started using an iPhone 4S and an SGIII as daily drivers.
    With the Z10 I'm back in love with the platform, and unless BlackBerry gets back to the days of going on autopilot, I will buy the next QNX device. Aside from the Aristo, which I'll begetting...I mean that I'll get the successor to the Z10.
    So, I like BlackBerries. I left it for other phones. Now I left those other phones and I use BlackBerry almost exclusivel; if it had Instagram I'd use it exclusively. BBM doesn't play into it at all.

You can sideload instagram it works fine
    seacan2 likes this.
    06-03-13 08:10 PM
    The same reason you chose your Z over iphone/samsung.

You have the Z, who better to list reasons than you?

We're waiting...
    fbf2012 and seacan2 like this.
    06-03-13 08:11 PM
    I personally think blackberry should be charging other platforms and users that are going to use bbm.

Why give it away free!!
    06-03-13 08:15 PM
    You are assuming the only reason someone would want a BlackBerry is for BBM...
    06-03-13 08:17 PM
    I am saying about the curve line or q5.

Sent from BlackBerry Z10
    06-03-13 08:20 PM
    I personally think blackberry should be charging other platforms and users that are going to use bbm.

Why give it away free!!
    You're assuming that a significant amount of people would buy it, but I guess for bb every dollar counts.
    06-03-13 08:21 PM

Why give it away free!!
    Depends on how much? Especially considering there a lot of free alternatives that equally as good or better.

Don't kill my vibe using Tapatalk
    06-03-13 08:26 PM
    I am saying about the curve line or q5.

Sent from BlackBerry Z10
    Why would the lower end devices only be for BBM? What about for those individuals who would rather have an iPhone or android device for most of what they do, but feel that there are times when they would prefer a keyboard or a no frills kind of device?

Also, although the market may not be as strong for BlackBerry, the curve line or q5 may do well in what are viewed as "developing markets."
    06-03-13 08:27 PM
    Why would the lower end devices only be for BBM? What about for those individuals who would rather have an iPhone or android device for most of what they do, but feel that there are times when they would prefer a keyboard or a no frills kind of device?

Also, although the market may not be as strong for BlackBerry, the curve line or q5 may do well in what are viewed as "developing markets."

I belong to India originally, and visit there every year.

You can buy an android device with similar specs as s3 or z10, for only $100-150 outright without contract.
    How you think bbry can compete with that? And now they are about to get bbm for free, which was only available for premium brand (blackberry)
    Why would anyone buy blackberry when they can get a similar spec device with all features for 20% the price of z10 or q10.

Sent from BlackBerry Z10
    06-03-13 08:34 PM
    No reason, unless you want a phone that will be updated more than once (like the Samsung I came from) or once a year. Or unless you want a phone that messages like no other, or a camera that can fix that person who had to blink at the worst time, or a phone, that when you pull it out, people ask, "What's that?" and are then totally blown away when I say it's the new BlackBerry and demonstrate the two features I mentioned. When I tell them I'm my own cloud with Link, that seals it.

I should say, I'm Canadian, and I like to spend my money supporting a Canadian company. And it really helps that this phone is awesome.
    Last edited by finallybb; 06-03-13 at 08:42 PM. Reason: forgot
    06-03-13 08:39 PM
    I belong to India originally, and visit there every year.

You can buy an android device with similar specs as s3 or z10, for only $100-150 outright without contract.
    How you think bbry can compete with that? And now they are about to get bbm for free, which was only available for premium brand (blackberry)
    Why would anyone buy blackberry when they can get a similar spec device with all features for 20% the price of z10 or q10.

Sent from BlackBerry Z10
    Why would anyone buy a Rebock or a Nike when they can get a no-name brand of running shoes for 20% of that price that does the same thing?

Why would anyone buy a Coach handbag when they can get a no-name handbag for 20% of that price that does the same thing?

Answer: Because there are enough people willing to buy those items at the prices at which they are being sold at.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    06-03-13 08:48 PM
188 123 ...