So u would think this would worry big company's
    More on iPhone address book privacy
    02-09-12 05:50 PM
    So u would think this would worry big company's
    More on iPhone address book privacy
    Did you happen to read the two "Updates" at the bottom?
    02-09-12 05:58 PM
    Old news!!
    02-09-12 06:04 PM
    26A6FCFC boys add me
    Way wrong thread.
    02-09-12 06:12 PM
    Did you happen to read the two "Updates" at the bottom?
    Which is why there was a link to a recent apology from Path posted today on Google+.
    02-09-12 06:29 PM
    Which is why there was a link to a recent apology from Path posted today on Google+.
    Oh I saw that. I'm just pointing out that the article that the OP posted was strongly exaggerated.
    02-09-12 06:42 PM
    Oh I saw that. I'm just pointing out that the article that the OP posted was strongly exaggerated.
    Actually, the original article states two data sets. The first data set saw 13 of 15 apps stealing your address book from your iPhone. The second data set saw 3 of 50 apps doing the same thing, but the second data set was two years old.

It doesn't change the fact that a company can take a copy of your entire address book off your iPhone without even prompting you or asking your permission. So I don't see much exaggeration there.

I think I gotta make me some "free" iPhone apps...
    02-09-12 09:31 PM
    And here I just thought it would be enough for companies to rely on iTunes clients. Lol, just kidding iFans I promise
    02-10-12 08:22 AM
    I'm actually not surprised. However BlackBerry apps from Jared Co.do the same thing. Just search for "Jared Co. spam" in a forum search here.
    02-10-12 01:42 PM
    I'm actually not surprised. However BlackBerry apps from Jared Co.do the same thing. Just search for "Jared Co. spam" in a forum search here.
    Why are they still allowed in AppWorld? I've been a BB user for a year and a half. They've come up several times with a lot of complaining posts. I just recently warned someone. It doesn't make sense for their apps to still be in AppWorld with the known issues.
    02-10-12 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD