There are a lot of reasons, though they may disappear now that Android can run iMessage. That officially covers over 90% of all marketshare once it's up and running, and I'd wager it will be soon.
    two problems with this in my opinion one is imessage needs either a phone number or a email address some people might not want to give either out which is the same with whats app too

and number two while would apple allow its beloved imessage to work on a samsung galaxy device ? it doesnt make sense plus last time i used imessage it wasnt that amazing but i havent had an iphone since last year so

that app will be flagged and taken down if it hasnt then there is hope for ios ports on bb10 surely

and i was using samsung as an example as to why if apple had any sense they would flag this down cause it helps their major rival
    09-26-13 01:05 PM
    The hardest thing about switching from blackberry to something else is leaving bbm. You miss the sounds, this little R's and D's after you send a message. You start to reminisce about all the good times you spent chatting on bbm.

It is hard to explain. Something similar to having to give away your beloved dog.
    09-26-13 01:13 PM
    Simply put?

It's still the best IM client out there on any platform.
    09-26-13 03:18 PM
    How is it not secure? If you're referring to random cat paws unlocking it, well it doesn't work that way, you have to scan in your cats paw first, then the scanner is sooooo good that it'll recognize the cat paw. Of course, its an easy target for someone like you to aim for.
    Maybe this was just fixed in the recent update?

Lockscreen Bypass - Techcrunch

Z10 via CB10
    09-26-13 03:23 PM
    Yes it is. I don't have iOS, it's an honest question.
    I don't know how "Designed for iOS7" means, if it's like "Built for BlackBerry Certified", then it doesn't mean that it won't work on iOS7, just not using some new feature only exist on iOS7, but still works.
    I honestly curious if BBM for iOS works or not on iOS7

Please.. don't get offended, I'm not defending anyone here. I don't work for BB. BB is the one who took my money, not the other way around

Posted via CB10
    I'm not offended, I was just wondering if you were serious.

Imagine if Apple released iMessage for BB10, and when you opened the soft keyboard the BBOS 7 soft keyboard popped up. What would you think about the app if that happened? That's basically what happens in BBM on Andorid.

Also, imagine if the app looked like a complete iOS 7 Messaging app and completely ignored all manners of UI guidelines on BB10 (this is also an issue for ported Android apps that aren't designed for BB10's navigation and UX)? What would you think.

The app works. It just seems a bit sloppy to port it over that way. Also, the RAM consumption of the Android app is out of this world. You can run multiple third party messengers for the same RAM cost of the single BBM app on Android. I wouldn't be surprised if the iOS App also had a high RAM footprint. It's a pretty big package download for a messaging app with such a thin feature set (30MB+).
    cuek80 likes this.
    09-26-13 04:05 PM
    two problems with this in my opinion one is imessage needs either a phone number or a email address some people might not want to give either out which is the same with whats app too

and number two while would apple allow its beloved imessage to work on a samsung galaxy device ? it doesnt make sense plus last time i used imessage it wasnt that amazing but i havent had an iphone since last year so

that app will be flagged and taken down if it hasnt then there is hope for ios ports on bb10 surely

and i was using samsung as an example as to why if apple had any sense they would flag this down cause it helps their major rival
    iMessage is as amazing as any other messaging app - which is to say none of them are amazing at all.

Infinity Blade III is kind of amazing... Hangouts, iMessage, and BBM?

No.
    09-26-13 04:07 PM
    If you have to ask yourself why would you want to use BBM, then you don't understand what BBM can do compared to imessage, whatsapp, viber, etc.

Now the question is are people going to be enticed to actually learn about it and what it can do.

Enter Blackberry Marke-ti-.......oh snafu....
    If it's up to that department nobody will ever want it.
    09-26-13 05:25 PM
    I'm an iPhone user and I want BBM because I like the look of The BBM app! I'm so use to it from being a blackberry user for so long.. They say you don't know what you miss until it's gone well I miss BBM!
    Yeah. I'm also hearing that from other former BlackBerry owners.
    09-26-13 06:19 PM
    I'm not offended, I was just wondering if you were serious.

Imagine if Apple released iMessage for BB10, and when you opened the soft keyboard the BBOS 7 soft keyboard popped up. What would you think about the app if that happened? That's basically what happens in BBM on Andorid.

Also, imagine if the app looked like a complete iOS 7 Messaging app and completely ignored all manners of UI guidelines on BB10 (this is also an issue for ported Android apps that aren't designed for BB10's navigation and UX)? What would you think.

The app works. It just seems a bit sloppy to port it over that way. Also, the RAM consumption of the Android app is out of this world. You can run multiple third party messengers for the same RAM cost of the single BBM app on Android. I wouldn't be surprised if the iOS App also had a high RAM footprint. It's a pretty big package download for a messaging app with such a thin feature set (30MB+).
    well, that's sucks =D
    I do have some android-ported apps on my z10, but never leave it running on background, so RAM consumption is not really a problem. but yes, those apps usually much slower than native one, and I prefer a native app with similar function if there's any.
    But imagine if blackberry release BBM for iOS only for iOS7 (assuming apps running on iOS7 cant run on previous version), then I do think there will be more complaints about it (again, assuming <iOS7 users is more than iOS7 user).
    regarding about building 2 apps parallel to support both OS, well maybe they are doing that? and iOS7 havent finish yet to be released?

ALL are maybe, but yes, I also think they should provide iOS7 version for BBM, hopefully sooner =D
    09-26-13 11:09 PM
    Yeah. I'm also hearing that from other former BlackBerry owners.
    Not only that, but I'm also hear a lot that bbm alone won't make them comeback to blackberry handset.

Sent via Tapatalk 2
    09-27-13 01:39 AM
    BBM on Android staying in the notification drawer is really really bad. It's been a constant complaint from android users with other apps and Google has asked developers to not do it, they may even be enacting a policy against it. If the released version has that then you can count on total BBM failure with Android.
    09-27-13 02:08 AM
    If you have to ask yourself why would you want to use BBM, then you don't understand what BBM can do compared to imessage, whatsapp, viber, etc.

Now the question is are people going to be enticed to actually learn about it and what it can do.

Enter Blackberry Marke-ti-.......oh snafu....
    If it's up to that department nobody will ever want it.
    There is nothing that BBM can do which cannot be done with the popular third party offerings.

If Blackberry marketing is so bad, perhaps you can educate us on these things, since you clearly know them and we simply don't understand.

I used to have a Blackberry, BBM's service is not that impressive in 2013 and has some legacy drawbacks it's dragging along as well...
    09-27-13 04:15 PM
    Ok so clearly, the amount of people that was tweeting about downloading bbm on ios/android means nothing......

I like how everyone looked pass the list of reasons posted and just continued to state why bbm is just another im client...

Anyway, I still don't understand why some people rather give a personal number out than a pin...but that's just me I guess

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 04:38 PM
    Bought it? Isn't it free?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 05:39 PM
    ask the million of users that bought it last weekend why they want it !!
    Bought it? Isn't it free?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 05:40 PM
    It was free for me
    10-28-13 02:24 AM
116 ... 345