I sent some texts with attached photos to a person with an Android phone, and he didn't receive anything - neither the photos, nor the texts. An SMS text (no photos) went through fine, as did an email with attached photos.

Is this problem on my end or his?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    04-12-15 12:48 AM
    It could be either. Did you switch service provider recently or put in a new sim.

I sent some texts with attached photos to a person with an Android phone, and he didn't receive anything - neither the photos, nor the texts. An SMS text (no photos) went through fine, as did an email with attached photos.

Is this problem on my end or his?

04-12-15 01:02 AM
    I ran into the same thing. I had my camera set for 1080p. They were too large to send multiples. One worked. Not multiples. Try bringing it down to 720p

Posted via my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2726
    04-12-15 01:29 AM
    They rig it so it always seems like blackberry users have a problem
    04-12-15 09:02 AM
    Are you able to send the same MMS to other platforms? My guess would be it's a Carrier issue that doesn't support MMS images over a certain size.
    04-12-15 10:37 AM
    Used to have this problem sending pictures from my Torch on the Virgin Mobile network to iPhones at work on the Telus network.

Pictures would send fine to other people on Bell or VM.

Then one day it just magically started working to Telus phones too. If you are on different carriers, I'm in favor of blaming the carrier.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 10:51 AM
    Thank you. It must be door #3 - the carrier. I have no idea what carrier this guy uses, but if it's one of the discounters, it's very likely that his service is throttled. I'm on Telus, and I've sent MMS texts with attached photos to Rogers and Bell users without issues.

The same photos attached to an email went through to his phone. Worth keeping in mind if I'm ever tempted to switch to a cheaper service.

04-12-15 12:08 PM
    A number of carriers limit the size of an incoming/outgoing MMS, because while MMS messages need a data connection to send/receive, it does not count against your data allowance (because either the package is an extra fee on the bill for a specific number of SMS/MMS message per month, or because the carrier advertises unlimited SMS/MMS). So those carriers often set limits to the file sizes to mitigate the amount of "free" data usage to a minimum. With the proliferation of higher resolution cameras on just about every smartphone, many more people are encountering this limitation more often. Especially people on budget carriers.
    ALToronto likes this.
    04-12-15 12:30 PM
    There's lots of factors to this MMS problem. You have to diagnoise the problem by sending the MMS around to other carriers and phone types and also send it back to you. If no one at all is receiving and you can't receive any incoming then I would suggest doing a factory wipe and start fresh because it solved my problem.

When I switched carriers with a new phone number my Passport wasn't able to send an MMS anymore. I did a factory wipe and it worked again.
    04-12-15 01:21 PM