@shaleem: No it's a bit different. Discussion, conversations and debate happen here all day, every day. What is annoying is this constant obituary writing.

Anyone who has been around here for even a little while has read enough pre-mortems, post-mortems and reports from some guys girlfriends', second cousins', baby daddys', dry cleaners' next door neighbors, attorneys, mother-in-laws, hairdressers, nephews, second grade teachers classroom assistant about how BBRY is in a death spiral. It get's old in a hurry.
    Yes, you have a point. I really didn't mean to go off like I did, but some of the replies I constantly read whenever someone dares to be critical of BlackBerry infuriate me. Seriously, it's just a freaking phone!

Posted with my Z10
    07-02-13 05:14 PM
    So you're saying they don't listen and will do what they want with no regard to what their users want?
    I don't think that they read ever post that starts off of why I won't buy a blackberry.
    07-02-13 05:22 PM
    I don't think that they read ever post that starts off of why I won't buy a blackberry.
    And that is exactly why they have other channels to receive feedback. Use them as well. I use the Crackberry forums to understand general consensus on my opinions and learn more by sharing.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    07-02-13 09:39 PM
    Idk what part of India your in, but a bis plan on aitel was like rs 299 when I was there

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 09:44 PM
    A 299 is more likely to be a stripped down version without browsing capabilities if 3g and would be full BIS if on 2g.
    In comparison, a entry level 2g would cost only Rs. 50 to Rs. 100 without BIS. Anyway, this thread wasn't to discuss the Indian data plans.

I don't think the situation is any better in US either. AT&T refuses to offer a BIS plan on a go phone connection.

Idk what part of India your in, but a bis plan on aitel was like rs 299 when I was there

Posted via CB10

07-02-13 09:55 PM
    OP, What are we supposed to do with this information? Nothing you posted hasn't been said before and I don't know what the point was of taking all that time to write such a long winded post of stuff that has been going on forever with BB.
    07-02-13 10:22 PM
    Great point and they wonder why Blackberry is in the position their in? At least Apple and Samsung listened to their customer base and made their hardware and software changes based on that input, imagine if Blackberry would have done the same?
    How many of the Apple "users" asked them to change the plugs so they would have to buy new cables??

From Zed to U via CB10
    07-02-13 10:22 PM
    Not one person I know that has a smartphone , including old Blackberries, iphone & Androids are interested. The reason being that they like their current phones. BB has hit a real lull in the market here in North America. Most users are very comfortable with using their simple, intuitive OS's. Most consumers like their current phones because they work.

BB's best customer prospects are current owners of BBOS devices. Many of these owners were just hoping for better hardware ( and cheap too) and an evolution of the software.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 07-02-13 at 11:40 PM.
    heepman likes this.
    07-02-13 10:33 PM
    OP, What are we supposed to do with this information? Nothing you posted hasn't been said before and I don't know what the point was of taking all that time to write such a long winded post of stuff that has been going on forever with BB.
    So what do you really do with the other discussions that take place. If you have something to contribute, you can.

07-02-13 10:41 PM
    So what do you really do with the other discussions that take place. If you have something to contribute, you can.

I do the same thing that Blackberry does with them, nothing.
    07-02-13 10:42 PM
    I do the same thing that Blackberry does with them, nothing.
    LMAO.. just thought sending feedback on the customer perspective might be helpful.

07-02-13 10:52 PM
    LMAO.. just thought sending feedback on the customer perspective might be helpful.

Lol, No I get what you are saying and I was only making light of it. It's good stuff you posted I just wish that Blackberry did some of the things you mentioned.
    07-02-13 10:54 PM
    Oh, I like Z10 so much
    07-02-13 10:57 PM
    i actually have been very pessimistic of blackberry z10.

the first reason is that the hardware i get seems so much inferior to other phone in 2013 while i have to pay so much.

the second reason is bbry treated us customers like a fool, they always promised a superb amazing blag blah new superexcited experience at every launch of new products (i remember thorsten talk and act like an ***** on z10 launch).. while in reality they always disappoint us, not delivering the expected user experience most of the time. Customer's trust were very low for the company, people are reluctant to switch device.

i personally waited many months, reading reviews and asking around about z10's performance, etc etc. until last week, i get myself a Z10STL100-1/10.1.0.1720.

the device came with horrible, messy, super buggy os 10,0 something. but after the 10.1 update, i could say that i love the device. None of the problem mentioned anywhere in this forum occured to my device, it worked flawlessly.

thus i agree that they should sell the device cheaper, and try harder to gain market's trust.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 03:54 PM
    The truth is... people (the masses) will not buy blackberries because what they currently have (android or iphones) are 'good enough'. As pointed out repeatedly, the reason everyone ditched Blackberries a few years ago was because they stopped being good enough (frankly they sucked), or literally stopped working... and so people were left to look for alternatives. If they would have been satisfied with their BBs, they wouldn't have felt the need to look elsewhere.

So now, as long as iOS and Android remain good enough, why would anyone care to look to an alternative... migrating their media, accounts, re-purchasing apps, and most importantly... re-learning how to use a device?

There is nothing Blackberry can do, it is all up to Apple and Android device manufacturers to drop the ball... just as Blackberry did a few years back... don't hold your breath.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 05:00 PM
    I just question those who complain here. What do you think will be accomplished with that post? Will it change the direction of BB? Or does it just make someone feel good. You can give all the good advise that you want, nothing will change. BB will do what it wants.
    Yes, let's make CB the only forum in the world where everyone is perfectly happy with their product and never wants anything better nor can they discuss the relevance of new features. If BB doesn't have it, it isn't needed.

To answer your question, there's no guarantee that it will change BBs direction, but it's definitely possible. I seriously don't think BB would just dismiss all the opinions on the biggest and best BB fansite in the world.
    07-03-13 05:43 PM
    I have been a Blackberry user since 2008. I joined Crackberry in April 2009. I have nothing negative regarding BlackBerry or the phones that was produced under the RIM branding. My first love was the Pearl. I progressed on to the 8330,9630,9650,9930,SG3 and then the Z10. I enjoyed all of my Blackberry models. Being on Verizon I had 4 units with random rebooting issues. Unable to get the issues resolved I turned to the Iphone 5 . After all my bad results with the Z10 I vowed that I would not return. When I look back on my experiences I remember having problems with the trackballs and warped trackpads. I still remained true to the cause. Blackberry all the way was my motto. On my 9930 I saw greener pastures with no issues. Wish I would have kept it. Then it was #TeamBlackberry. Believe .........everyone was hyped for the Z10. Wallpapers,themes and a parade of promises. Met a lot of super people who had the same excitement level as I did. I hope these people don't mind me using their names. But I remember so well. pkcable was the very first to help me. I meet people like Cami, wendybee, dgonzales, pink, cathyxx, Jaydee, hamsterwheel , dbugem , Dcburke , amazinggraceless, 69goat, flashop, heavyfluid, danielrnr, spencerdl ,songbird, blastyrant, flybabyroxy and so many others. It was like family.i even bought my playbook. But the problems with the Z10 seemed to push me away further. I wish to see BB10 do well but I don't think I would buy BlackBerry again. I still love Crackberry and I love to look especially at the screenshot threads. Hope that's not criminal behavior .
    the_sleuth likes this.
    07-03-13 05:46 PM
    If they don't, they should. Why the hell wouldn't they want to know the reasons some people aren't buying?
    07-03-13 05:47 PM
    If they don't, they should. Why the hell wouldn't they want to know the reasons some people aren't buying?
    They know what people are saying here and I can promise you that. I participated in a private, focus group, for BlackBerry last month and a lot of the discussion was on the allure of CrackBerry vs the BlackBerry direct forums. It was a three day session, we were paid to participate, and they have implemented some of the suggestions in early 10.2 "leaks"

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 09:56 PM
44 12